DVDVR Message Board

NXT on USA - 1/8/2020

Dolfan in NYC

7 hours ago, turk128 said:

It's too easy to forget that Blake is a legit good wrestler ?

The Fatal 4-Way was so freakin fun to watch. I absolutely love Grimes, he held his own in a ring full of giants and at the same time made them look like aces.

EDIT: maybe this maybe like an on-screen tryout for Shelley? Kushida really has no anchor right now, a proven tag team maybe the way for him.

Like it, there’s really no team worthy of taking the titles from UE but Time Splitters change that perception.

I forgot the Outliers have been doing the Florida loops for a while with Robert Stone.

Kona needs a big monster for a partner so he can be a cowardly prick. And a manager so he doesn't have to cut promos where he says "the finest" every four seconds. Babatunde and Bivens are right there...

Edited by w. josh

Didn't think this show looked like much on paper, but I really enjoyed it. A few thoughts.

• Based on what's going on with the women's division right now, I hope the next title match is Ripley vs LeRae. Ripley had to go more babyface than I wanted since she was coming after Shayna, but seeing her do the standard WWE babyface thing at the top of the show wasn't my favourite thing to see. Go with the tease from the post-match and let Ripley show a little more of the big bully personality that got her over in the Mae Young tournament and on the UK show. Even if she doesn't go full heel or even tweener, I don't want her to completely lose that edge. 
  • Since Toni vs Rhea has been announced for World's Collide and we've seen the match a few times already, I hope it means we'll be spared the feud on NXT proper. 
  • As I don't keep up too much with the UK TV show (I'll check out a match here and there if it sounds like something I'd enjoy or it has some buzz), it was good to see Toni and KLR and Gallus here to remind me that there's probably going to be a really good show on Sunday (even if it's going to feature another unnecessary car-crash ladder match...).
  • Speaking of Gallus, their tag match was very good. As tired as I find UE as a whole, Cole and Fish are still a damn good tag team. Minor complaint, and I think it was in this match it really bothered me but it could apply to any number of performers: Too many people leave way too much daylight when doing an inverted atomic drop. If you could tighten that up, it'd be appreciated. 
  • Good to see Chelsea Green getting some shine. As much as we all love Bianca and Io, it doesn't seem the booking has a lot for them. So it's time to start building some new acts. 
  • Fantastic main event, although a bit obvious Lee was winning since he and Priest were the only two to get televised entrances. Lee should probably be challenging for the top belt but it's been decided we need to see Cole vs Ciampa. I'll co-sign with whoever said that we don't need to see Lee rising from nowhere every week, but this company's going to do what it does.