DVDVR Message Board

NJPW The New Beginning 2020 *contains Wrestle Kingdom 14 SPOILERS*

The Natural

1 hour ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Good move putting the Never Title match at Korakuen. The recent shows there looked to have drew mediocre crowds for New Japan. Time to throw those fans a singles title match bone. 

My guess would be that 2 of those dates were booked months ago for join RoH shows, but since that went south they had to make up bunch of stuff. I think thats why attendance wasn't very good for last three shows, they are running this place 7 times in February.

Kind of surprised they aren't giving Nakanishi a singles match on the tour. Then again, that might be his call if he doesn't think he can pull one off (last 1-on-1 match I have him in is against Yoshi Hashi last March in the NJ Cup).

I’m a masochist and started with Jay/SANADA and...woof.  I didn’t expect it to be very good, but both guys got exposed as being very dependent on their opponents.  That’s always been evident with SANADA, who is never any good with anyone besides Okada and, weirdly, ZSJ, but that’s also been kind of the unspoken subtext of White’s “great” 2018:  he spent all of it wrestling the best guys in the company, over and over again.  That’ll make a lot of guys look “great.”  But he’s still not there on his own.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, EVA said:

I’m a masochist and started with Jay/SANADA and...woof.  I didn’t expect it to be very good, but both guys got exposed as being very dependent on their opponents.  That’s always been evident with SANADA, who is never any good with anyone besides Okada and, weirdly, ZSJ, but that’s also been kind of the unspoken subtext of White’s “great” 2018:  he spent all of it wrestling the best guys in the company, over and over again.  That’ll make a lot of guys look “great.”  But he’s still not there on his own.

I'm with you on SANADA and Jay White. Can't get into either. I have more time for White through his matches with Kazuchika Okada and Kota Ibushi. White/Tetsuya Naito at the Tokyo Dome last month really dragged for me. Hate SANADA's Skull End. I know SANADA's match with Okada in last year's G1 Climax was well regarded but I beg to differ.

Edited by The Natural

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...