DVDVR Message Board

2021 - IN MEMORIAM - MOVIES & TV

odessasteps

I absolutely love as he's going around towards the end of "Ecstasy..."  it gives this cool blur effect that really drives everything home.  Then he ends it on what he believes to be the grave with the money.  Wonderful, wonderful stuff.  But what I may like more than that is the duel at the end.  It's a case of the eyes telling everything and the music heightens the tension that much more.  Damn do I love this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I love The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (1966). When we did the Greatest Film of All Time project here on the DVDVR MB, it was my #1. My top five: Unforgiven (1992), The Shawshank Redemption (1994), Pulp Fiction (1994) and The Dark Knight (2008)

• Like 1

Naya Rivera - most famous for being Santana on Glee - has gone missing while on a boat trip with her 4 year old son. Depending on the story - some say the police are saying she is "presumed dead"

Apparently - authorities found the boat on the lake with the child sleeping inside. The adult life vest was still in the boat.

• Sad 5

On 7/9/2020 at 10:03 AM, RIPPA said:

Naya Rivera - most famous for being Santana on Glee - has gone missing while on a boat trip with her 4 year old son. Depending on the story - some say the police are saying she is "presumed dead"

Apparently - authorities found the boat on the lake with the child sleeping inside. The adult life vest was still in the boat.

'Glee' actress Naya Rivera 'mustered enough energy' to rescue her son 'but not enough to save herself,' authorities say

?

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, Cliff Hanger said:

This has been a long fuckin day.  Mythbuster Grant Imahara has died of a brain aneurysm at 49.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/grant-imahara-dead-mythbusters-host-was-49-1303101

I just found out I shared about a half-dozen mutual friends with him. He even helped run errands for one of them while she was sick (from what turned out not to be Covid-related) back in March.

• Like 1

I didn't realize how many people I followed on social media were close friends with him and this morning has been fucking brutal going through it

I do not look forward to telling my wife when she wakes up

• Sad 1

RIP John Saxon.  Special Guest Star of the most bizarre episode of Starsky & Hutch that was ever made.

A Halloween episode where he played a vampire.

lU6-xD16_woNiqSFV0jJ0LgOxXO5NsSeueMjtcqz\

It was as fucking awesome as you imagined it might be.

Edited by J.T.

20 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Olivia de Havilland has passed away

RIP Maid Marian. 

The Snake Pit, The Adventures of Robin Hood, and Hush, Hush.... Sweet Charlotte will never fail to be awesome.

Edited by J.T.

I love Whatever Happened To Baby Jane, but Hush, Hush...Sweet Charlotte is so much better with de Havilland than it would’ve been if Joan Crawford had stuck around and played the part.  

• Like 1

Damn. 

Mississippi Burning

Midnight Express 

Angel Heart

Pink Floyd - The Wall

Those four alone are enough to grant you a memorial in the history books.

RIP

EDIT: I drank a bottle of cough syrup and put on The Wall for the first time when I was in high school. It kicked in right when this happened. 

Spoiler

WetSpotlessCottontail-size_restricted.gi

Edited by Curt McGirt