DVDVR Message Board

2021 - IN MEMORIAM - MOVIES & TV

odessasteps

"Ecstasy of Gold" holds a super special place in my heart not just for the movie but also for it being what Metallica would come out to at every show.  I always knew he did a helluva lot aside from spaghetti westerns but didn't really branch out past that genre.  I really should get around to fixing that.  But RIP Ennio.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Thanks 1

He also did this gem:

Which helped create a great opening scene to a game that ended up not deserving it. (Unless you're in the camp that GZ and TPP are fully seperate games so Konami could make a cash grab instead of one long game in 2 parts, in which case, GZ deserved it just fine).

Another arrangement would be in the closing credits of MGS4 (Kojima had a thing for Morricone)

Edited by Raziel

2 hours ago, odessasteps said:

It’s too bad he ended up in a spat with QT, since QT probably introduced a lot of younger people to Morricone’s music. 

This is the first time I heard about this.

20 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

"Ecstasy of Gold" holds a super special place in my heart not just for the movie but also for it being what Metallica would come out to at every show.  I always knew he did a helluva lot aside from spaghetti westerns but didn't really branch out past that genre.  I really should get around to fixing that.  But RIP Ennio.

I bought the special edition DVD of The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (1966) at work yesterday (gutted the shop’s closing for good this week). I got home and Dad told me that Ennio Morricone had died. I set my DVD player up to  watch the Ecstasy of Gold and final duel to hear that music again. What work he did in the Dollars Trilogy especially. R.I.P. Ennio Morricone and thank you.

• Like 1