DVDVR Message Board

2021 - IN MEMORIAM - MOVIES & TV

odessasteps

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, odessasteps said:

One of my facourite overall performances in any film. You could always tell there was something... off with the character. But this? What the fuck. It's just brilliant. Viscerally disturbing. RIP to Ian Holm, what a wonderful range he really had.

• Like 1

Not quite Ian Holm but David Gluck, the Singing Anus from Pink Flamingos, has died.  Waters kept his identity secret until after his death at his request.

The best part of his obituary:

“When we had the 25th anniversary and ‘Pink Flamingos’ was shown in regular theaters, he’d go to the movies and when his scene came on he’d tap the person on the shoulder in front of him and say, ‘That’s me,‘” Mr. Waters said with a laugh. “I always considered that an act of domestic terrorism.”

• Haha 2

He sounds like a wonderful person. That scene was I think the one that cemented Flamingos as an eternal classic to me. When I saw it I was like "this is the absolute limit". I think it's even more incredible than Divine eating dog shit. 

And like everybody else, I always wondered who the fuck he was ? 

RIP

EDIT: And for that matter, HOW DO YOU FIGURE OUT YOU HAVE THAT SKILL?!?!

Edited by Curt McGirt

There are very few things I’ve looked forward to in my life as much as I did when I was waiting for Batman Forever to come out. Still have the McDonalds promotional mugs. The quality of it doesn’t even matter. It’s just one of those things I’ll always look back fondly on. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, RIPPA said:

They might not have been good per se but that man directed a lot of the movies of my youth

The Lost Boys is still one of the best vampire stories ever told..

image_6143b1ad-dcfd-4d23-92a1-b84c700c11

RIP, Joel.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, AxB said:

The Lost Boys wasn't even the best Vampire movie of 1987.

Well we gave Near Dark credit for that when Bill Paxton passed away, but we're kinda celebrating the life of Joel Schumacher right now.

• Like 1

To me the best part of Lost Boys is the soundtrack. INXS and Jimmy Barnes lead the way. I loved 8mm. For a movie that never needed a sequel it was that one, yet there is an 8mm 2. Even weirder is when that movie hit DVD I spotted a Ford Flex rocking a license plate that read 8mm2DVD. That's fucking Indiana for you.

• Like 2

On 6/27/2020 at 6:36 PM, driver said:

To me the best part of Lost Boys is the soundtrack. INXS and Jimmy Barnes lead the way. 

Good Time is an amazing song!

I'm at work dealing with this VM migration, so I cannot post the video because the good folks at the NEC are blocking YouTube and other streaming sites so that the bandwidth isn't destroyed by all of the alleged teleworkers on base checking on Facebook at the same time.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1