DVDVR Message Board

2021 - IN MEMORIAM - MOVIES & TV

odessasteps

Anyone remember the commercial where he played Vince Lombardi? I always wanted to see more of that. Like if they had made a movie about Lombardi or something 

Edited by BrianS81177

7 hours ago, Death From Above said:

The older I get the more I appreciate what a brilliant piece of casting he was as George Costanza's Crazy Dad. There's no actor alive that would have been better for the role and almost every single scene he has on that show is a delight.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Haha 1

Turns out Fred did appear in an Oscar-winning film. This won the Academy Award for Best Live-Action Short Film in 1988.

Lots of familiar faces -- Fred Willard, David Rasche, Robert Wuhl. Directed by Bryan Gordon, who's worked on Curb Your Enthusiasm.

I'm shocked Fred was 86.  That puts him in his late 50's-60s during most of his mockumentary days and I would have pegged him at least a decade younger.

Watching Best in Show now and he damn sure steals the movie.  I seem to remember there actually being Oscar talk about it.  

"Wot Hoppen?"  is always my random inside joke I make to people to see if they get it...

Best in Show got so much Oscar talk that Christopher Guest didn't need to do much research before writing For Your Consideration.

Oh god...I knew I shouldn't have, but I listened to Marc Maron's tribute to Lynn Shelton on WTF. For those who weren't aware, Maron and Shelton were a couple. It's absolutely soul crushing to listen to and I feel even worse for her passing now. The way Maron described it, she had a sore throat, they went to the doctor because she had a fever, she got a COVID test that was negative, her fever didn't come down, and then sometime before Friday she collapsed in their hallway and she seemed out of it, but was conscious. From then on she went to two different hospitals, but they ultimately couldn't save her.

Heartbreaking. Utterly heartbreaking. 

Take a moment today to hug your boyfriends, girlfriends, partners, wives, or husbands and tell them how much they mean to you if you don't do that on the reg already because they can be gone in an instant.

EDIT: And after his tribute to her, he replays their podcast from 2015, which was actually the first time they met.

Edited by Craig H

Ken Osmond, TV's first smart-mouthed obnoxious kid, has died at 76.

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/ken-osmond-dead-leave-it-to-beaver-eddie-haskell-dies-actor-1234609639/?fbclid=IwAR2LFSv0LCeC1sGMPB7IiGGaf5kxf6lHfFGRv2swTj8xiOtjvUuvxsqkF84

Osmond later became a cop, joining the Los Angeles Police Department. Survived being shot five times (four bullets hit his bulletproof vest).