DVDVR Message Board

2021 - IN MEMORIAM - MOVIES & TV

odessasteps

Excuse me while I wipe this egg off my face. 

Reading that again I'm not surprised I forgot it really. For some reason I thought Yaphet Kotto was slumming it as the star but if that's the only (false) memory going for your movie... I mean I didn't even remember a castration.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/15/2021 at 9:38 AM, Dolfan in NYC said:

Lisa Banes, who was known for her roles in Gone Girl, Cocktail, and The Orville has died at age 65.  

She was hit by a motorcycle while crossing the street in NYC 10 days ago.  The driver of the motorcycle fled the scene.  

An arrest has been made in the hit and run death of Lisa Banes. 

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/man-who-allegedly-killed-actor-lisa-banes-dies-in-nyc-hit-and-run-is-arrested-police/3205427/

Tributes have poured in for comedian Sean Lock, who has died at the age of 58.

Lock’s agent announced on Wednesday that the 8 Out of 10 Cats star died after a cancer battle.

Reacting to the news, his close friend and comedian Lee Mack said: ‘I’ve known this day was coming for some time, but it’s no less heart-breaking. A true original both in comedy and life. I will miss him so much.’

Comedian Dara O’Briain tweeted: ‘This is desperately sad news. Such a brilliantly funny man.’

I have been avoiding talking about Sonny Chiba for a couple of days now.   He was one of my childhood idols and for him to pass away the same year as my father, at the same age as my father, and from complications from COVID the same way my father did really fucking hurt.

You don't get the John McClaines or the John Wicks if you don't have Tsurugi Takuma; the template for the hero made of absolute will who refuses to submit under any circumstances and you don't get Tsurugi Takuma without the artistic performance, magnetic charisma, and martial arts ability of Sonny.

RIP, Chiba-san.

Edited by J.T.
  • Sad 6