DVDVR Message Board

2021 - IN MEMORIAM - MOVIES & TV

odessasteps

Mike Henry, the former NFL player who later became a successful actor in his own right, has died at 84 from complications from CTE and Parkinson's.

He played Tarzan in the 60s and was Junior Justice in the "Smokey and the Bandit" trilogy.

Smokey and the Bandit (7/10) Movie CLIP - Daddy, the Top Came Off (1977) HD - YouTube

Buford T Justice - When i put bullets in it Daddy it gets too heavy - YouTube

(No relation to the voice actor with the same name)

"I can see you, Kirk.

Can you see me? Oh now, be honest captain. Warrior to warrior. You do prefer it this way, don't you, as it was meant to be? No peace in our time. 'Once more unto the breach, dear friends.'"

I know it's not exactly his most acclaimed role, but it is the one I knew him from when I was a kid. He brought a gravitas to everything he did that you just can't compensate for. He MADE things serious by his presence.

• Like 3

On 2/5/2021 at 1:22 PM, Death From Above said:

"I can see you, Kirk.

Can you see me? Oh now, be honest captain. Warrior to warrior. You do prefer it this way, don't you, as it was meant to be? No peace in our time. 'Once more unto the breach, dear friends.'"

I know it's not exactly his most acclaimed role, but it is the one I knew him from when I was a kid. He brought a gravitas to everything he did that you just can't compensate for. He MADE things serious by his presence.

The man played a Klingon with an eye patch bolted into his skull.  Totally badass.

Plummer even gave weight to a bullshit espionage show like USA network's Counterstrike.

RIP.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/14/2021 at 3:39 AM, Travis Sheldon said:

Not sure if this is going to be our new normal for death announcements, but Deadline is saying she's still alive.

https://deadline.com/2020/01/julie-strain-not-dead-prolific-b-movie-actress-and-former-penthouse-pet-1202829829/

There was a false report that she died in 2020, but she passed away in January 2021.

https://www.heavymetal.com/news/julie-strain-heavy-metal-obituary/

71bajC87e6L._SL1200_.jpg

RIP, Warrior Siren.

Edited by J.T.

3 hours ago, odessasteps said:

I will wait a few days to let JT be the one to post about Live and Let Die. 

Perhaps the greatest blaxploitation movie of all time.

RIP Dr. Kananga.

• Like 1