DVDVR Message Board

2021 - IN MEMORIAM - MOVIES & TV

odessasteps

Jessica Campbell, the actress who played Carver High School’s firebrand student presidential candidate Tammy Metlzer in the 1999 cult classic Election, has died. Per Deadline and a verified crowdfunding page arranged by her cousin, the former actress died suddenly on December 29 after collapsing in a bathroom in Portland. As of now, her cause of death is unknown. “Her passion for life and the people in it was astounding,” reads the tribute in the GoFundMe campaign for Campbell’s memorial. “In addition to the impressive energy she poured into her own life, Jessica, on multiple occasions, dropped everything to travel across state lines and care for her loved ones in need. She was fun, she was loud, she was compassionate and loyal; no matter what she did, she was always uniquely Jessica.” She was 38.

2 hours ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

Cloris Leachman has passed. Which is crazy, as I've been binging The Mary Tyler Moore Show for the last two weeks. I just watched the one where Phyllis convinces Ted to run for public office. She was so, so funny.

One of the funniest women to ever live. Her time up front at the Bob Saget roast is a master class of zingers.

”For the love of God, will someone please punch me in the face so I can see some stars?!”

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Dustin Diamond has indeed passed away from lung cancer at the age of 44

Kind of strange seeing the RIP tweets from the other Saved by the Bell cast members when it's been well-documented how they all treated him after the show went off the air.

• Like 3