DVDVR Message Board

13 hours ago, Death From Above said:

Here's a list on all the NFL tryout/signing going on: https://3downnation.com/nfl-workouts/

Unsurprisingly, it's the champion Blue Bombers getting hit the hardest.

Good for Streveler for getting a look, but I expect he'll be back.

Jefferson is no surprise, hopefully it works for him and he sticks because he is otherworldly talented and a hell of a cool dude. I'm not sure where he fits in the NFL though. He's tall, but probably undersized for the line, even as an edge rusher. Cameron Wake has about 20-25 lbs on him now and probably had over 30 at his peak. Would he be a better fit at linebacker? The Dolphins seem to have a good idea on how to translate CFL talents to the NFL, so its maybe his best landing spot?

Edited by elizium

I was honestly pretty shocked Streveler of all CFL guys got a look. I don't really think he's anything special other than "hey he's pretty big", and he filled a role for a year. I don't see him being anything long-term to be honest, maybe I'm way off.

Montreal has new ownership announced, which is probably better than the previous owner of NO ONE. I would assume they want to sort out who the GM is pretty quick: https://www.tsn.ca/steel-industry-entrepreneurs-sid-spiegel-gary-stern-new-owners-of-alouettes-1.1423112

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/6/2020 at 2:28 PM, elizium said:

Good for Streveler for getting a look, but I expect he'll be back.

Jefferson is no surprise, hopefully it works for him and he sticks because he is otherworldly talented and a hell of a cool dude. I'm not sure where he fits in the NFL though. He's tall, but probably undersized for the line, even as an edge rusher. Cameron Wake has about 20-25 lbs on him now and probably had over 30 at his peak. Would he be a better fit at linebacker? The Dolphins seem to have a good idea on how to translate CFL talents to the NFL, so its maybe his best landing spot?

On 2/4/2020 at 7:34 AM, RIPPA said:

For those of you saying Chris Streveler was staying... he will have to be cut by the Arizona Cardinals first

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/02/04/cardinals-adding-cfl-quarterback/

On 2/10/2020 at 3:37 PM, Dewar said:

Darvin Adams and Willie Jefferson have both signed new contracts with the Blue Bombers. Big pieces of the championship team choosing to stick around. 

I know sports gud

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/30/2020 at 2:09 PM, Death From Above said:

In what is a pretty obvious formality at this point, CFL will not be opening training camps as originally planned in mid-May.

Talking to my Forge FC rep yesterday and he made a great point about the CFL I haven't heard anywhere else: the biggest difficulty in restarting the league is that the vast majority of players are American and with the border closed they literally cannot get into Canada until it is reopened.

I'll spare a storm of tweet links and just copy/paste the text. Sourced from Dave Naylor, who is as decent a CFL news source as any.

"Quotes coming in Tweets from my talk with CFL commish Randy Ambrosie tonight. CFL has immediate need for $30 million as it currently has virtually no revenue. Playing part of a season would turn its ask to $50-$100. Cancelled season requires $150 million to get to next season.

"We know at some time we're going to have to make decisions on the exact makeup of our season.  The health minister's comments about the difficulties that contact sport will have getting up and running are only serving to intensify our need."

"This crisis is only accelerating and there is definite urgency to our situation. We are looking to be accountable to Canadians and the government and we want to be held accountable. We think we can be good partners for the Canadian government."

• 2 weeks later...