DVDVR Message Board

Raw is a Showstopper - 1/6/2020

Dolfan in NYC

I went back and watched the Drew Mac match and man, he's the current dude that Vince needs to strap a rocket to and launch him to the moon. I know I had this pipe dream of Riddle entering the Rumble and winning it, but now I want Drew to win the Rumble and the title and then beat the shit out of Lesnar at WM. THAT'S how you make a star. They fucked up with Roman so badly, Seth obviously was too grating to be the top guy, they massively fucked up with Braun when they had a chance, but come on, don't fuck this up with Drew.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I went back and watched the Drew Mac match and man, he's the current dude that Vince needs to strap a rocket to and launch him to the moon. I know I had this pipe dream of Riddle entering the Rumble and winning it, but now I want Drew to win the Rumble and the title and then beat the shit out of Lesnar at WM. THAT'S how you make a star. They fucked up with Roman so badly, Seth obviously was too grating to be the top guy, they massively fucked up with Braun when they had a chance, but come on, don't fuck this up with Drew.

How many times do you need to be burned, Craig? Why do you do this to yourself?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Craig H said:

I'm not going to lie...When we got to that horrid Lana, Lashley, Rusev segment, I completely checked out because of the absurd green screen they used for Rusev. I can't remember anything that happened before or after that except that Big Show is back.

I swear that these writers or Heyman are desperately trying to channel the Californians for those segments, but they have zero clue how to write for comedy or how to inject any sort of charm or sillyness into them other than what Rusev naturally brings.

And every week that goes by with this dumbass angle I think that it's more and more likely that Rusev and Lana both re-sign and that's disappointing. They could be so much more successful outside of this shithole of a company.

Stop watching these damn segments. Stop torturing yourself. Do you not DVR? 

26 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Eh, I don't see it. Drew is fine, but he has never come across as the guy you want main eventing WM. Every time he is booked as a big deal it feels somewhat forced. He reminds me of Sheamus. Sheamus was a guy that would be great as a challenger once or twice a year, but it was always ridiculous whenever he was the actual champ. I feel like Drew would be the same.

When he was Drew Galloway between his WWE runs, he was everything you would want in a Champion. Taking the belt(s) around the world and defending it everywhere he went.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Loki said:

But is she a Red Dwarf fan? That's the real question...

“Rusev, I dump you because you not listen to the classics: Mozart! Mendelssohn! Motörhead!”

• Like 2

I cannot put into words how funny I found tiny, maskless, bald Rey Mysterio attacking Andrade was! It either looked like he was being attacked by an oversized baby or a little old man.  Every time I think about it, I start chuckling to myself all over again.  

Drew MacIntyre beating up the conga line to massive pops shows just how badly out of touch that whole gimmick is.  

5 minutes ago, caley said:

Drew MacIntyre beating up the conga line to massive pops shows just how badly out of touch that whole gimmick is.  

What gimmick, the conga line, or Drew's? If you mean the conga line, then I think it's thankfully one of the good things Heyman is doing by recognizing how fucking lame it is and how you can have someone you're pushing destroy it to make them more over.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, caley said:

Hmmmm.  That's weird.  When I did the same thing at my cousin's wedding, the crowd did not respond positively.  

• Haha 8

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

What gimmick, the conga line, or Drew's? If you mean the conga line, then I think it's thankfully one of the good things Heyman is doing by recognizing how fucking lame it is and how you can have someone you're pushing destroy it to make them more over.

The conga line.  Has it ever gotten a pop? I mean the Rosebuds were actually over a bit before they overdid it.  The conga line? Not so much. 

1 hour ago, Log said:

Hmmmm.  That's weird.  When I did the same thing at my cousin's wedding, the crowd did not respond positively.  

I would have popped!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Craig H said:

Drew was my pick to win last year. He was on fire in his stint away from WWE and great in NXT. They fucked up by making him Shane's lackey.

27 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

Drew was my pick to win last year. He was on fire in his stint away from WWE and great in NXT. They fucked up by making him Shane's lackey.

Also by teaming him with Dolph. Dolph is where newly called up NXT acts go to flounder about aimlessly.

• Like 2

On 1/7/2020 at 1:57 PM, AxB said:

When he was Drew Galloway between his WWE runs, he was everything you would want in a Champion. Taking the belt(s) around the world and defending it everywhere he went.

That to me was the best Drew I've seen with his Impact run a very close second.  The guy was hellbent on proving WWE wrong and damn if he didn't accomplish just that.  Was really happy to see him come back to WWE but being with Dolph cooled him down way more than it should have.  But it is nice to see him get some traction and hopefully he'll be champ sometime this year.

1 hour ago, NikoBaltimore said:

That to me was the best Drew I've seen with his Impact run a very close second.  The guy was hellbent on proving WWE wrong and damn if he didn't accomplish just that.  Was really happy to see him come back to WWE but being with Dolph cooled him down way more than it should have.  But it is nice to see him get some traction and hopefully he'll be champ sometime this year.

I think it would have been just fine but they -surprise, surprise- handled the whole thing wrong.  Drew as Ziggler's heater was working okay, all they had to do was keep having Drew bail Ziggler out and gradually outshine him more and more, then either have Drew get fed up and destroy Ziggler turning him into a super heel, or Ziggler on him, turning him face.  What they ultimately did was give them a shortened tag title reign after Ambrose came back which cut their legs off as a team, then had Drew turn on Ziggler, beat up Ziggler, then let Ziggler get his win back, making Drew just another heel who can't really win the big one, and ended up keeping Ziggler heel.  It was the worst possible way to end the whole deal.  

Edited by caley
  • Like 3

On 1/6/2020 at 10:06 PM, Brian Fowler said:

What the hell happened at the end of Rey/Andrade?

After just watching it, looks like Rey and Zelina bumped heads and it dazed Rey, then he tried to cover for that by checking on Zelina. No other bumps he took looked like they could have affected him like that and if you look at it their heads clearly struck each other, looks like that in the original footage and looks like it in the replay. 

I'm guessing this match is all I need to watch of Raw