DVDVR Message Board

Raw is a Showstopper - 1/6/2020

Dolfan in NYC

I liked this Raw. Looks like Drew is getting over, which is about time.

Those Jobber to the stars matches are preferable over the midcarder tv resthold matches.

Edited by D.Z
  • Like 2

Yeah, the Rey ending was totally weird with the ref physically jumping in mid-move and telling Rey to roll to the outside. Was he legit knocked loopy? That was strange.

LOVED the Owens Liger-esque palm strike to set up the hot tag.

Edited by Peck
  • Like 2

Rey/Andrade was good up until the finish. I assume the ref got unnecessarily worried about Rey and screwed things up.

Black/Shelton was nice while it lasted. 

The Charlotte/Logan brawl was weird though decent. Just not sure why they didn't have an actual match.

The Big Show was a surprise. I don't hate it since I assume this was a one off.

15 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Nice knowing Lana's a fan of the UK's British Broadcasting Corporation which gave us Fawlty Towers, Only Fools and Horses and Doctor Who. 

clearly Lashley seduced her by being able to quote & re-enact entire scenes' worth of dialogue from episodes of Black Adder, Red Dwarf, and The Young Ones.

I support this angle now.

• Haha 3

I was watching this show and went "Jeez, must almost be at the end now..." only to find out there was over and hour and forty minutes left.  At that point I just skipped forward to see if Big Show was really the mystery partner (Saw him trending on Twitter).  Nice pop for him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Natural said:

Nice knowing Lana's a fan of the UK's British Broadcasting Corporation which gave us Fawlty Towers, Only Fools and Horses and Doctor Who. 

Sadly turns out she was misrepresented. She prefers the programming on BBC2.

• Haha 1

I popped for The Big Show. I tweeted at Adam Pearce last week after he posted this Dusty video about Dusty and Andre coming to the Omni that Big Show should be in that Andre role of coming to town to help with revenge. 

So was Liv Morgan on the show at all or did I miss something with her when I was flipping the channels to American Pickers? It would be like them do that angle then chicken out and never acknowledge it again.

2 hours ago, Phantom Lord said:

So was Liv Morgan on the show at all or did I miss something with her when I was flipping the channels to American Pickers? It would be like them do that angle then chicken out and never acknowledge it again.

She did a backstage piece where she stated she would be in Rusev’s corner during his match with Lashley. 

Cool to see Sarah Logan but not sure what to make of that Charlotte brawl, especially with Charlotte putting on her robe and strutting off like nothing ever happened. 

I'm not going to lie...When we got to that horrid Lana, Lashley, Rusev segment, I completely checked out because of the absurd green screen they used for Rusev. I can't remember anything that happened before or after that except that Big Show is back.

I swear that these writers or Heyman are desperately trying to channel the Californians for those segments, but they have zero clue how to write for comedy or how to inject any sort of charm or sillyness into them other than what Rusev naturally brings.

And every week that goes by with this dumbass angle I think that it's more and more likely that Rusev and Lana both re-sign and that's disappointing. They could be so much more successful outside of this shithole of a company.

Edited by Craig H

21 minutes ago, Pete said:

Y'all are sleeping on Vega's FUCKING AWESOME sell for Andrade getting sent into the steps. That was some brilliant acting on her end.

Zelina Vega's great at what she does:

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1