DVDVR Message Board

2020 WRESTLING MERCH

So I saw the press release about the AEW figures and noticed this paragraph:

It was also mentioned that each wave will include limited edition and rare variants “to add chase and elation” to every release. Other items slated for this fall will include a wrestling ring and the AEW World Championship title belt.

Translation:  This is going to be very expensive to own every goddamned thing they have.  Unless you magically find the limited/rare stuff all in one place these will go up in resale value very quickly.  And you know what?  People will still buy it no matter the price.

How would I know that?  Because much like Pokemon I'll be dumb enough to try and catch them all.

Edited by NikoBaltimore

1 hour ago, NikoBaltimore said:

So I saw the press release about the AEW figures and noticed this paragraph:

Translation:  This is going to be very expensive to own every goddamned thing they have.  Unless you magically find the limited/rare stuff all in one place these will go up in resale value very quickly.  And you know what?  People will still buy it no matter the price.

How would I know that?  Because much like Pokemon I'll be dumb enough to try and catch them all.

This is so not for me.  If I don't want to see someone on TV I don't want them on my shelf (like Britt Baker for example) and I'd only want a chase variant if it was at least 50% cooler than the regular one. 

But I feel like I'd buy the shit out of Darby, Kenny, probably the Bucks but I feel like I want another outfit than the Elvis ones they're showing, and Jericho is pretty much a given as well.

Edited by Tromatagon
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tromatagon said:

This is so not for me.  If I don't want to see someone on TV I don't want them on my shelf (like Britt Baker for example) and I'd only want a chase variant if it was at least 50% cooler than the regular one. 

But I feel like I'd buy the shit out of Darby, Kenny, probably the Bucks but I feel like I want another outfit than the Elvis ones they're showing, and Jericho is pretty much a given as well.

Yeah, in reality I'll be debating on the likes of Britt and Brandi but I'm still looking at 75% of these as being definites.  The rest depend on if I want to complete the set or look for have variants from them I can up-charge for profit.