Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board

Recommended Posts

Morthal?  Like Skyrim?  It's a real band but they have a different logo too.

 

I can totally read the date though.  My eyes hurt now. 

Edited by Tromatagon
Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone one know where one can buy Japanese pro-wrestling figures online that will ship from the US? Would like those along the lines of the 4 pillars of 90's All Japan, the big 90's New Japan names and the big names from Noah and Minoru Suzuki. I hate waiting a month for a package to ship from Japan and I really have no desire to pay $99 for a figure, plus $40 for express international shipping. I'm looking for something aside from eBay of course. I already checked Wrestling Figures, but they're shipping in June and the Liger figure is on back order and pre order, so I will pass on those.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Thanks and looking at Exhibit A I stand corrected.  This is what I get for not paying attention to all the stuff that comes out.

No problem. I just happened to be looking through the site the other day and was actually tempted by that one.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Edwin said:

Anyone one know where one can buy Japanese pro-wrestling figures online that will ship from the US? Would like those along the lines of the 4 pillars of 90's All Japan, the big 90's New Japan names and the big names from Noah and Minoru Suzuki. I hate waiting a month for a package to ship from Japan and I really have no desire to pay $99 for a figure, plus $40 for express international shipping. I'm looking for something aside from eBay of course. I already checked Wrestling Figures, but they're shipping in June and the Liger figure is on back order and pre order, so I will pass on those.

Hit up Junk Shop Dog on Twitter even though he's in Australia, it might be faster and he gets people the good shit.  Ryder and Hawkins use his resources for their collections, so you know he is good.

Edited by Tromatagon
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Edwin said:

Anyone one know where one can buy Japanese pro-wrestling figures online that will ship from the US? Would like those along the lines of the 4 pillars of 90's All Japan, the big 90's New Japan names and the big names from Noah and Minoru Suzuki. I hate waiting a month for a package to ship from Japan and I really have no desire to pay $99 for a figure, plus $40 for express international shipping. I'm looking for something aside from eBay of course. I already checked Wrestling Figures, but they're shipping in June and the Liger figure is on back order and pre order, so I will pass on those.

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/?lang=en

Mandarake is the best site out there for Japanese collectables.  And don't be alarmed if something is listed as damaged; they deal with the sort of people who need Gem Mint stuff, so it probably means the corner's got a ding in it.  Can't recommend them enough.

Edited by GojiColin
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Tromatagon said:

Hit up Junk Shop Dog on Twitter even though he's in Australia, it might be faster and he gets people the good shit.  Ryder and Hawkins use his resources for their collections, so you know he is good.

Thanks! They have some good stuff on there, but it seems a lot of it sold out. I'm also just looking for some figures in general. Not any high end rare collectibles. Just want some Japanese pro-wrestling figures to decorate my office.

21 minutes ago, GojiColin said:

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/?lang=en

Mandarake is the best site out there for Japanese collectables.  And don't be alarmed if something is listed as damaged; they deal with the sort of people who need Gem Mint stuff, so it probably means the corner's got a ding in it.  Can't recommend them enough.

Am digging this. Do they ship from Japan and will they be willing to ship express to the US? They got some great stuff for great prices.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Funny, I can read the date/place/time just fine but have no idea what the logo says... me, of all people haha

I also have no problem with the date/place/time, but can't make out the band name.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Edwin said:

Thanks! They have some good stuff on there, but it seems a lot of it sold out. I'm also just looking for some figures in general. Not any high end rare collectibles. Just want some Japanese pro-wrestling figures to decorate my office.

Am digging this. Do they ship from Japan and will they be willing to ship express to the US? They got some great stuff for great prices.

They ship direct using SAL, EMS, Fedex or DHL, depending on what service you prefer to use.  EMS tends to be what I use, it takes about 5 business days to ship to Maine.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know that I'll ever understand the insistence on using the SS lightning bolt insignia on clothing designs. Especially since the brand helpfully put two of them in "Diabolus in Puroresu."

As a Suzuki fan who would really love getting some of his merch stateside (and I realize this isn't anything that Suzuki himself has designed or released...), I don't see how this design has anything to really do with him beyond using his name/skull motif while also courting unnecessary controversy. Dude ain't German, dude ain't really punk, and I really hope he isn't ani-Semitic. 

EDIT: Never mind. Their website talks about how it's Slayer-inspired. I'm not much of a metal guy, didn't make that connection myself. Could still do without using that font for "s" if you're going to be putting two of them in something, however. Sticks out, and not in a good way, I'd say.

Edited by Teflon Turtle
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I was about to say, it was based off of Slayer's Slaytanic Wehrmacht (their fanclub) design

25de61204646613b36c228ca60f650e4.jpg

The 'S' originates from their logo as does the font. 

Slayer were always interested in the Third Reich ("Angel of Death", "Behind the Crooked Cross", "SS-3") but you can take it up with them. Except for Hanneman, cause he's dead. Their singer/bassist was Chilean-American and their former drummer was Cuban-American so take that into consideration.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

That's informative. Had no idea about that fan club design or name.

Obviously, Slayer isn't the first thing that comes to my mind when I see that "S". They didn't create it, but I understand that's been part of their logo for ages.

I don't listen to them, but I know enough about them that I'm not about to start proclaiming them Nazis or whatever. There's a decent gulf between them and bands who actually preach hate. I'm still not crazy about the practice of bands using Third Reich iconography or fashion, but I can admit I probably pulled the alarm a tad too soon here.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't the Nazi S being the Heavy Metal S start with Kiss? Because I remember them getting lots of shit for their logo incorporating the SS logo, people accusing them of being Anti-Semitic. Even though both Paul Stanley and Gene Simmons are both Jewish.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

I was about to say, it was based off of Slayer's Slaytanic Wehrmacht (their fanclub) design

25de61204646613b36c228ca60f650e4.jpg

The 'S' originates from their logo as does the font. 

Slayer were always interested in the Third Reich ("Angel of Death", "Behind the Crooked Cross", "SS-3") but you can take it up with them. Except for Hanneman, cause he's dead. Their singer/bassist was Chilean-American and their former drummer was Cuban-American so take that into consideration.

The Dillinger Escape Plan guitarist Ben Weinman, who is Jewish, says the band refused to ever play with Slayer because they could never get a straight answer from them if they were actually nazis or if they simply had an interest in the subject.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
Link to post
Share on other sites

From an interview with the Jerusalem Post: 

Quote

“We got offered a tour slot with [popular US metal band] Slayer. There are certain lyrics and aspects about that band that are questionable to me and have never been sufficiently explained – lyrics about Auschwitz or imagery I’ve seen that have created a conflict for me. So we turned down the tour.”

Sounds like they didn't bother asking

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

If they were they should've taken it, just to take the chance to swing on Varg. 

Nobody having killed that sack of shit yet is proof that black metal musicians don't have half the balls they pretend to. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

They're all one-balled. LIKE HITLER! Or something. I don't know.

tenor.gif?itemid=16100644

Edited by Ryan
GIF seemed appropriate.
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...