DVDVR Message Board

2020 WRESTLING MERCH

Surprising it took this long, to be honest.

I mean, we expect pro wrestling to be shameless with merchandising, and WWE to be where they are because they were the best at merchandising everything and putting out any cockamamie thing you can think of. How it took nearly two months of COVID-19 for WWE to throw WWE logos on face masks is...almost shocking, to be honest.

3 hours ago, thee Reverend Axl Future said:

On the pro wrestling PPE tip, I've been facemasking Sabu House Party-style, and just taping up my lower face every time I leave the house. Helps with the social distancing too.

- RAF

As long as you’re not going *too* deep into the Sabu playbook. Superglue is probably a bitch to remove from the area around your mouth!

AEW is in the Covid mask game now, and like most things they do they're a lot cooler than the ones WWE is doing.

Snagged a Penta one and a Darby Allin one off of Pro Wrestling Tees.  They're all in the new arrivals section.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Tromatagon said:

AEW is in the Covid mask game now, and like most things they do they're a lot cooler than the ones WWE is doing.

Snagged a Penta one and a Darby Allin one off of Pro Wrestling Tees.  They're all in the new arrivals section.

Sweet, grabbed the pentagon one as well. They don’t mention anything about charity, but wwe specifically mentions all profits go to charity. Don’t see a problem with it at all. If I have to wear a mask I want it to be something I like. 

20 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Is that really any different than all the major sports teams selling team branded masks?

vince is not alone in this instance.

On the contrary, I wasn't saying it's a bad thing for companies to make masks. It's the exact opposite.

Pro wrestling is built around shameless self-promotion and shameless merchandising, and WWE was always best at it. Part of the pro wrestling experience is the duality of knowing: "Pro wrestlers would put their logo on a turd and sell it if they think someone would buy it", combined with the equal inherent knowledge "...yeah, a lot of us fans probably WOULD buy it."

The fact that WWE is selling team branded masks isn't the issue- that's just good business sense to sell them right now. Rather, it's "how did it take two months to make WWE-branded face masks?" It's been two months of COVID. By April 15th, we should have already had WWE face masks, WWE making hand sanitizer with WWE superstar pictures on them, and WWE should have been desperately trying to get advertisements for Becky Lynch on Clorox wipes telling people it's a Man-sized clean. 

41 minutes ago, matt925 said:

Sweet, grabbed the pentagon one as well. They don’t mention anything about charity, but wwe specifically mentions all profits go to charity. Don’t see a problem with it at all. If I have to wear a mask I want it to be something I like. 

I grabbed the Jericho and Cody ones for myself, and a Evil Uno one for my mom. She was surprisingly into the masks in general, and thought Uno’s looked the coolest (the four she liked best were Uno, Luchasaurus, Mox, and Cody). If I order another one for myself I’m leaning towards Pentagon. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Link please. 

Can't link from my phone. His twitter is at SHOTO_Design

• Thanks 1

Pshhh, people out here making Akira Hokuto designs still but nobody shows the greatest of all-time Bull Nakano love any more.

(I'm about to buy my 3rd Nakano shirt - the one that's up on PWTees, made by HAOMING)

18 hours ago, matt925 said:

No actually only net proceeds. So about 3 bucks, or less depending on how much they sell. I honestly wouldn’t buy these. It’s just a fashion statement, and has no real use unless you want a really dry, and sweaty mouth.

Edit: To be fair though if you want to go to the grocery store some places are requiring that you wear a mask. So they are useful in a pinch, but a lot of gas stations are selling them so you don’t need to go and spend 13 bucks on one useless mask.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

It’s just a fashion statement, and has no real use unless you want a really dry, and sweaty mouth.

It's a campaign to harness mouth breathing fans, it's just a coincidence that the virus is happening at the same time.

Edited by PetrolCB

1 hour ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

No actually only net proceeds. So about 3 bucks, or less depending on how much they sell. I honestly wouldn’t buy these. It’s just a fashion statement, and has no real use unless you want a really dry, and sweaty mouth.

Edit: To be fair though if you want to go to the grocery store some places are requiring that you wear a mask. So they are useful in a pinch, but a lot of gas stations are selling them so you don’t need to go and spend 13 bucks on one useless mask.

I have no issues using a "proper" face mask as I wear them anyway.  But even after all this is done at least the Darby and Pentagon ones would be neat to wear to an AEW show anyway.  So for me they're not technically useless.

34 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

It's a campaign to harness mouth breathing fans, it's just a coincidence that the virus is happening at the same time.

On the contrary, it makes it worse. It’s like thinking your underwear, and pants will stop the smell of your fart from spreading., but if somebody used an infrared camera you can see the cloud coming out of your ass.

AfraidSereneDoe-small.gif

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs