DVDVR Message Board

2020 WRESTLING MERCH

On 3/21/2020 at 2:45 AM, hammerva said:

Whoever came up with that shirt needs to be Kobashi chopped about 100 times.  Maybe months from now I won't see this as such a huge fuck you

ZbJslt0B-600x400.gif

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

muo9v42xwfo41.jpg

Owens' new Mania shirt.  

It's good, but I'm fully expecting it to be in the $4.99 sale category by June. 

And then we ALL pounce...

I got to thinking after the clock talk in the Dynamite thread: how long does merch stay in the pipeline for WWE before being released, and then eventually pulled from shelves? The clock in question was released in 1999, but the images are almost certainly from early 1998 at the latest. I also remember seeing Ryback on a WWE gift bag in Wal-Mart and this would have been at least a year after his release. Back in the day I think I remember them releasing some Hasbro figures of people that were no longer with the company.

On 3/27/2020 at 8:58 AM, MORELOCK said:

I got to thinking after the clock talk in the Dynamite thread: how long does merch stay in the pipeline for WWE before being released, and then eventually pulled from shelves? The clock in question was released in 1999, but the images are almost certainly from early 1998 at the latest. I also remember seeing Ryback on a WWE gift bag in Wal-Mart and this would have been at least a year after his release. Back in the day I think I remember them releasing some Hasbro figures of people that were no longer with the company.

I think the pipeline for merch depends on what it is- on WWE shop it presumably can't have more than a couple weeks of turnover (witness all the shirts based on really recent angles), but for things that are going into stores it's around a year of turnaround (given how the new action figures sell an outfit used roughly a year prior to release.) 

As for being pulled from shelves...that's usually "when they sell out, they sell out"- sometimes you'll have something go quickly, and sometimes you have "I think there's still retail stores with Dr. Death and Jacqueline figures from 1998 on the shelves".

On 3/24/2020 at 7:48 AM, Dolfan in NYC said:

muo9v42xwfo41.jpg

Owens' new Mania shirt.  

It's good, but I'm fully expecting it to be in the $4.99 sale category by June. 

wait for next year's shirt.  KO Mania V: The Kev-a-powers Explode!

• Like 1

https://www.njpw1972.com/73644

Pretty interesting news coming out of NJPW - sounds like they're finally opening a true U.S./global online store. 

I don't want to hate on PWT or start any nonsense (I know opinions about their business vary...), but it seemed like their support for NJPW has started to erode somewhat after AEW became a thing.

As far as expansion goes (another can of worms), this move is also probably overdue.

Personally, I'm just excited to finally be able to get my hands on a wider variety of stuff direct from the source, without having to go through an intermediary for shipping. 

Edited by Teflon Turtle
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, (BP) said:

The only time I can think of where he may have worn the boa with trunks is when he went back to yellow and red in 1999, but I can’t find any pictures of it. 

Definitely not the first night he went back to it, I just watched that a few months ago. Maybe later, but I don't remember it happening.

• Like 2