DVDVR Message Board

2020 WRESTLING MERCH

Whooooaaaaa! TigerDriver9X just emailed me about the joshi tank I ordered saying there was a problem with the manufacturer. I responded and asked if there was any chance of doing a tank version of the Hokuto shirt... They uploaded the design to another site just for li'l ol' me and got rid once I ordered (TWO). I. am. so. happy. They are the best.

• Like 4

Speaking of Tiger Driver 9X, this is what I was talking about the other day:

Ends Sunday night, not tonight. Because print shops aren't open on the weekend.

• Like 1

One last one for now... but the guy who does a lot of the artwork for TD9x, including the above, also has some stuff with Dragon Sleeper merch (it could be his own deal). Based in the UK but North American orders are fulfilled from the States. He basically did the TD9x joshi legends shirt but in ECW style and he's got a few other fantastic shirts up there too (Suzuki, Liger, Tiger Mask).

Edited by Jiji
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

Feel same way. SummerSlam 1997 coat needs @olythegreat89's profile picture, the actual poster from the event. One of the best  event posters that.

The original Summerslam picture looks much better but that HBK picture is freakin egregious! The WWE knows how to make sure old school wrestling fans save their money.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ryan said:

If you're out of your fucking mind, you can track down someone who bought this for $220. 1/4 scale, so it's really big.
DSC_5246_3_1024x1024.jpg?v=1502250502

I'm sure @Tabe owns this.

MIKE TYSON 1:4 SCALE PREMIUM FIGURE

I borrowed yours, didn't buy. 

13 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

How big is a 1/4 scale figurine?

Am I being obtuse if I guess it's 1/4 the size of the original thing?  Like Hogan was billed at 6'5" so the figure should be 19.25 inches, roughly 49cm for you Euros?

Edited by Technico Support

So on the AEW figure front it's still a big ol' mess.  I know that Jeremy Padawer said that they shipped less than normal at first to play the retail game.  Then when Walmart sees how well it does they bring more in.  So in theory it makes sense though while Jazwares stuff has products all throughout the store the promise of being well-stocked just isn't true.  And it also assumes that there's Walmarts that even make a spot for the darn things let alone stock them.  The one by me doesn't even have a spot for them but fair play to the other location which does have them but they're empty.  I don't know when they're supposed to get another shimpment but it can't come soon enough.  Another option would be to drive an hour and a half to a location that may actually have them stocked.  But doing that just feels wrong to me.

Now I went to Ringside Collectibles to just buy the rest online and they only had Brandi and Omega left for series one.  I have Kenny ordered already and ordered Brandi today.  The one ones I'm missing are the Young Bucks and non-Bubbly set Jericho.  Those aren't listed there but going on sites like Mercari and eBay and they're priced at more than double the initial price.  So I'll either go to whichever locations or say "Screw it" and pay double online.  All I know is I'm pre-ordering all of series 2 off Ringside come payday (except for Penta and Fenix as I have Boss Fight versions coming in the next month or two) so I don't have to bother with this mess again.

But on the positive side the Omega and Penta face masks came in the other day.  Both look really, really cool and first thing I did was put a Pentagon Jr mask I had over his face mask.  Despite the ugly dude wearing it it looks pretty damn awesome.  I may even consider going as him for Halloween if the rest of his stuff isn't too hard to get/make.

Edited by NikoBaltimore

1 hour ago, NikoBaltimore said:

So on the AEW figure front it's still a big ol' mess.  I know that Jeremy Padawer said that they shipped less than normal at first to play the retail game.  Then when Walmart sees how well it does they bring more in.  So in theory it makes sense though while Jazwares stuff has products all throughout the store the promise of being well-stocked just isn't true.  And it also assumes that there's Walmarts that even make a spot for the darn things let alone stock them.  The one by me doesn't even have a spot for them but fair play to the other location which does have them but they're empty.  I don't know when they're supposed to get another shimpment but it can't come soon enough.  Another option would be to drive an hour and a half to a location that may actually have them stocked.  But doing that just feels wrong to me.

Now I went to Ringside Collectibles to just buy the rest online and they only had Brandi and Omega left for series one.  I have Kenny ordered already and ordered Brandi today.  The one ones I'm missing are the Young Bucks and non-Bubbly set Jericho.  Those aren't listed there but going on sites like Mercari and eBay and they're priced at more than double the initial price.  So I'll either go to whichever locations or say "Screw it" and pay double online.  All I know is I'm pre-ordering all of series 2 off Ringside come payday (except for Penta and Fenix as I have Boss Fight versions coming in the next month or two) so I don't have to bother with this mess again.

But on the positive side the Omega and Penta face masks came in the other day.  Both look really, really cool and first thing I did was put a Pentagon Jr mask I had over his face mask.  Despite the ugly dude wearing it it looks pretty damn awesome.  I may even consider going as him for Halloween if the rest of his stuff isn't too hard to get/make.

I was at Walmart earlier today (looking for the new MOTU Origins, which they had none of) and saw my first AEW fig in the wild. A black haired Kenny Omega. They also had the ring and AEW title. 

• Like 1