DVDVR Message Board

2020 WRESTLING MERCH

On 7/27/2020 at 2:11 PM, NikoBaltimore said:

I found the Pop Vinyl of Bret is much, much better and I was lucky to find that last week.  But I agree that his regular figures just don't look right.  He had that Ultimate Edition with all the bells and whistles and I was super excited to check it out.  Then I saw to my dismay that all three heads didn't look right.  I didn't realize it was that hard to get Bret's face right but somehow they did.

And I got an email saying that wave 2 of the AEW figures are up for pre-order.  I am convinced that they're bent on making me a poor, poor man when all is said and done.

Which Bret Hart Funko Pop Vinyl did you get last week?

Mine from my best friend who is a brother to me last Christmas:

pop-wwe-68-bret-hit-man-hart-with-jacket

I think it's better than the older one:

710nDV33eUL._SL1200_.jpg

• Like 2

Yeah, it was the first one.  I remember the second one but looking at it again it feels off with the black see-through shades.  The pink shades plus the better shade of pink for the tights make it a billion times better.

And to @Mr Harms's point I think my favorite Bret ones are the Hasbros and the first Pop that Natural posted.  I don't recall the Jakks ones nailing the face and who knows how the WCW ones were.  As Ryder and Hawkins do on the figure podcast I may need to do my own "Incarnation of Domination" to see what he had.

• Like 3

Guest Edwin
On 7/23/2020 at 10:55 AM, The Natural said:

41737C9330.jpg?sw=600

Now that's a worthwhile WWE shirt.

This is beautiful. Sucks there's no live wrestling to wear this to.

41 minutes ago, D.Z said:

915OWcU9xIL._SL1500_.jpg

That's so absurd I almost kind of like it.  Now if it was in the last decade or so I could see Bret looking more like the Hitman game (maybe a ponytail instead of long hair)  But if anything that's creative enough to not hate it.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Mr Harms said:

I'd have that in my collection, no doubt.

Hey, for $30 that's not a bad price for it still in packaging.  https://www.mercari.com/us/item/m75053319434/

And that beats the crap out of whatever this Slam Force figure they were going for (and it's cheaper too)  And the crazy thing is this was a collaboration with Marvel so curious what @The Natural thinks about this.

https://www.ebay.com/i/264719358541?chn=ps

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mr Harms said:

Yeah, I would, but shipping to the UK is the problem. 

Ah, shit.  I love Mercari but I can see the issue.  I found one in card but that's $93.  The rest are loose and of course without the accessories.  Damn.

11 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Hey, for $30 that's not a bad price for it still in packaging.  https://www.mercari.com/us/item/m75053319434/

And that beats the crap out of whatever this Slam Force figure they were going for (and it's cheaper too)  And the crazy thing is this was a collaboration with Marvel so curious what @The Natural thinks about this.

https://www.ebay.com/i/264719358541?chn=ps

It's an odd (great?) series. Including Jericho as a circus lion tamer with a bloodthirsty lion included. Never mind that Chris had been gone for over a year when these came out. 

Wrestling--8-10-04-_0856.JPG

• Like 2

That Dangerous Queen shirt by the pedo arrived today. Not only was I conflicted about wearing it but it's also incredibly small for its size. Got an XL and it fits like a large. It'd be fine in time but I don't know... 

20 minutes ago, Jiji said:

That Dangerous Queen shirt by the pedo arrived today. Not only was I conflicted about wearing it but it's also incredibly small for its size. Got an XL and it fits like a large. It'd be fine in time but I don't know... 

Yeah, mine came last week and although it's sized as an L it feels kind of halfway between and M and an L. 

I don't have many wrestling figures, (with over 100 superhero and supervillain figures crowding the bookshelves, space is kind of at a premium since Kathy won't allow action figures in the living room; she thinks it's embarrassing having to explain why a sixty year-old man is buying "toys".) This causes the "action figures are not "toys" lecture from me, but for thirty-eight years it has been falling on deaf ears. *sighs*

I do have to get that Steamboat figure, they got the likeness down perfectly. My main objection to many wrestling figures is that they often look very little like the person that they are supposed to portray. Off the top of my head, I think I have Roman, the Bulldogs, Demolition, the LOD, and a couple of different figures of Superst*r Billy Graham. Someone really needs to make a figure of Dr. Jerry Graham, I would be all over that in a heartbeat. Ditto for Johnny Valentine.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Tromatagon said:

Can someone clue me in on who the pedo is so I don't buy their shirts since I buy a lot of weird random people's wrestling shirts?

AxB had his government name but it's the user Shoto at MerchT. Only has 3 shirts but one of them was a spiffy Akira Hokuto shirt that a few of us bought before it was revealed that he had some pedo shit going on. I believe he was found to be grooming a couple of under aged persons. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Jiji said:

AxB had his government name but it's the user Shoto at MerchT. Only has 3 shirts but one of them was a spiffy Akira Hokuto shirt that a few of us bought before it was revealed that he had some pedo shit going on. I believe he was found to be grooming a couple of under aged persons. 

Craig Hall of Manchester, England.

• Thanks 2