DVDVR Message Board

Puroresu General Discussion for 2020

Control

Muto to become an adhesive of the possible unified wrestling world? Several attempts over decades with other wrestlers have been tried but to no avail.

Kaito Kiyomiya and Muto seem to have something brewing match wise. If Kaito could combine Misawa stuff with Muto stuff, he could be even better in the ring.

Edited by D.Z

So the payoff to Ogawa's unlikely late-late-career jr title run was that he finally dropped the belt to his late-career understudy. Who will now presumably drop it to a young guy? Seems like a long series of hoops to jump through before you finally get the title on someone new. 

Also just a couple long-lost gems from Tenryu's 2000s AJPW stuff (watching him punk out Mohammed Yone will probably qualify as essential viewing for a lot of my fellow old grumps around here). Also fuckity fuck fuck Nagai in 2001/2001 should have had a damn main event run:

And the finish to this one is hella screwy but everything leading up to it is hurty goodness:

Edited by Belgian_Waffle
Added 2nd match goddammit
  • Like 1

Suwama wants to hire the first woman wrestler for his group Evolution. He said we need idol like women wrestlers.

In other news, Wrestle Peter Pan 2020 is cancelled.

Tiger Mask the first is now better health wise.

• Like 1

I remember that Muto said years ago said it's prohibited for AJPW to have their own real women's division. 

In other AJPW news, Jun's guest coach spot at WWE has been postponed indefinitely. 

And AJPW shows will return on April 30 and May 5.

Edited by D.Z

On 4/26/2020 at 4:15 AM, LoneWolf&Subs said:

NJWORLD just posted Norton Vs. Hashimoto from 98. It was going good until that count out finish at the end. What the fuck was that? Was this one of those worked shoot angles they liked doing?

I vaguely recall either Zach Arnold or Stefan Picksi alluding to the fact it was more that Norton refused to do a pinfall job and they didn't want to have Hashimoto lose another high profile match as he was being "protected" for the Naoya Ogawa feud.

• Like 1

Wow, and that’s the outcome they went with. Those two never even went to third gear. Honestly it made Hashimoto look weak falling to a pretty basic move. I mean in theory an avalanche to somebody on a corner post should hurt a lot, but by that time corner post spots were common. It isn’t like the 1960’s where wrestlers barely went to the outside.