Ishikawa vs. Irie
KAI vs. Yoshitatsu
Yuma vs. Sugiura

May  4 - Korakuuen

Suwama vs. Steel
Lee vs. DBS Jr.
Sai vs. X
Kamitani vs. Yoshida

For A block, the only match that probably won’t be deciding the finalist is KAI v Yoshitatsu. I’m guessing they’ll keep the totals very tight so it’s anyone’s game last day.

Block B, yeah, I’d say Jake takes it. Suwama will have just had his TC challenge.

I imagine X will be a junior. Akiyama would be amazing, but he claimed he’d be the substitute last year and then let Aoki do it when Kengo Mashimo was injured.

Speaking of Kengo, he’s scheduled to return after a full year off. He’d be a great replacement. Also wondering if a Dragon Gate guy could be slotted in.

8 hours ago, D.Z said:

I would like to see Soya and Kono in AJPW again.  Kondo should go back to DG.

I guess it depends on if there's any hard feelings on either side over how Kondo left DG. I'm guessing that Kondo and/or Kaz Hayashi will go back to All Japan, given that the junior divison still has a void in it from Aoki's death.

Edited by Mike Campbell

What’s the general opinion of Wrestle-1? I remember not caring for it. Feeling it was the promotion Mutoh wanted his AJPW to be without that companies legacy. I sort of dug his All Japan honestly before he got sacked, but I did feel if it wasn’t for the name I would’ve abandoned it a long time ago.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

45 minutes ago, Mike Campbell said:

I guess it depends on if there's any hard feelings on either side over how Kondo left DG. I'm guessing that Kondo and/or Kaz Hayashi will go back to All Japan, given that the junior divison still has a void in it from Aoki's death.

If I had my druthers, AJ would grab Ashino and Yoshioka for the junior division.

Not sure W1 has any really desirable heavyweights.

7 hours ago, Mike Campbell said:

I guess it depends on if there's any hard feelings on either side over how Kondo left DG. 

He worked the Toryumon Reunion show as a part of Italian Connection in January. Seems like the bad blood has probably lessened quite a bit for that to happen.

• Like 2

BJW and NOAH and NJPW could nab some people.

Wrestle 1 is in the red so they have to shut the promotion down. I'm not sure what's gonna happen to pro-wrestling masters, considering they do want that brand to keep going.

Pro-Wrestling Masters could just sort of fall under the Dradition umbrella since quite a few guys do both shows. It's mainly the younger guys like the junior heavyweights who come from Wrestle-1. And now there's that sort of tie in with that Hall of Fame thing they want to start up. Anyway, this is probably my favorite tour name for this year:

002-0227b.jpg

So this is really bad.

https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20200302-00000009-tospoweb-fight

Akiyama is flying to Florida to talk about having AJPW work with WWE, possibly to help with establishing NXT Japan. The article talks about a “third great power,” specifically referring to a WWE-backed AJPW as a contender against Bushiroad and Cyberagent.

Edited by Super Ape
  • Sad 1

Going off of google translate he is coming in as a guest coach and to check WWE out in general. Doesn't sound like the actual owners are interested yet in selling.  

Interestingly enough it was the Summit show with WWF, AJPW, & NJPW that made him a fan, specifically Jumbo/Haku vs. Martel/Hennig.

Would love it if Manabu Soya wound up being X in the CC and stuck around in AJPW permanently afterwards. He's been a shell of his once mighty self since his injury just before the W1 split in late 2012, but maybe working with guys like Miyahara and Nomura again could bring out that old caveman fire. 

Edited by Belgian_Waffle
Clarity