DVDVR Message Board

Puroresu General Discussion for 2020

Control

1 hour ago, Control said:

AJPW prepared this organization chart* for the 2-11 show:

Interestingly, still shows Yuma in Nextream.

*not pictured: Dyson vacuum cleaner

I'm sure I saw a tweet or something about Yuma announcing he wants to "takeover" & rebuild NEXTREAM, whatever that might mean. But I can't remember where I read it and there's at least a 25% chance my dumb memory just made it up. But I don't think I did.

• Like 1

They’re gonna announce the participants for the Champion’s Carnival tomorrow. This year’s CC marks the 40th anniversary for the tournament. Dunno if there are any big names out there that they can pull.

Hope we see Ayato Yoshida and Shigehiro Irie. They should be in, considering recent booking.

Dylan James has yet to return from his injury, and regular foreigners like Joe Doering and Gianni Valletta haven’t been booked yet this year.

They typically get a BJW participant or two, and with Jake in the Strong Climb that seems likely. I’d be down with more Okabayashi or Sekimoto, obviously. That one guy who briefly held the All Asia titles, Kawakami, looked good.

From Dragon Gate, I’d love To see Ben K or Big R Shimizu.

Can’t think of any huge, Marufuji-level gets they’re likely to bring in, but maybe they’ll surprise.

I feel like an idiot for not knowing this, but in the DEEP SLEEP TO LOSE match between Tenzan and Iizuka at WK5, who was it that prevented Crazee Bouzou from using the Iron Glove on Tenzan?

Also, I don't know what needs to happen, but NJPW World seriously needs to start having overdubs for the themes on old matches if they're not going to use the original themes because of copyright issues. It takes away from the big moment when, take for instance, Chono beat Mutoh to win the inaugural G1 Climax. 

Had a weird inkling that Sugiura would be in the CC. Imagine my surprise today when I see that he is. Hoping they go with the old school single-block tournament where everyone eventually fights everyone. Feels fitting given that it's a big anniversary year for the tourney. 

AJPW SPOILERS FROM HERE ON OUT:

Nomura over Sugiura in the final, maybe? Unless his injury fs that up. Im also slightly crazy and kind of want to see Suwama beat Miyahara for the title, then have Miyahara win the Carny for a second year in a row, then win the title back and start all over again at breaking the now-tied defense record (except successfully this time). Dunno if anyone else would have the patience for it and it might royally screw over Jake Lee (who is very much verging on Hirooki Goto territory in terms of passed-over-ness), but Kento is such a special thing that I think we can hold off another year or so before any torches get passed. 

• Like 1

Apparently both Doering and James are gone from the company. James because he got in a bar fight with a civilian. Doering because new booker Ishikawa apparently doesn't like him. Source: some nerds on Twitter.

I've never seen Davey Boy Smith Jr. wrestle. Any good? The announcement actually got quite a reaction from the crowd (probably second only to Sugiura).

54 minutes ago, Control said:

Apparently both Doering and James are gone from the company. James because he got in a bar fight with a civilian. Doering because new booker Ishikawa apparently doesn't like him. Source: some nerds on Twitter.

I've never seen Davey Boy Smith Jr. wrestle. Any good? The announcement actually got quite a reaction from the crowd (probably second only to Sugiura).

That is incredibly sad. Show me your power... ? I really enjoy Ishikawa but he's gone down in my estimation for this. 

DBS is technically very good, great even, but he has no presence. That in itself is strange because he's quite large, particularly outside of WWE.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, D.Z said:

I wouldn't trust twitter. Lot of pathological liars on that.

R U telling me that the number 1 platform for white supremacy is not also the number 1 place for accurate puro news?

Anyway, Doering and James not being book seems a pretty strong indicator of them not being booked.

• Haha 1