DVDVR Message Board

Puroresu General Discussion for 2020

Control

On 8/28/2020 at 6:47 PM, Belgian_Waffle said:

I was actively trying to find some of his matches online earlier because I'm curious too and his name is frustratingly un-Googleable. Cagematch.com seems to insist he debuted only last year but the opening match of this HARD HIT show from 5 years ago seems to say otherwise: 

I could swear JTO just had a show that was main evented by Tamura vs somebody in a match to mark Tamura's 1 year anniversary

• Like 1

On 8/31/2020 at 6:20 AM, BrianS81177 said:

I could swear JTO just had a show that was main evented by Tamura vs somebody in a match to mark Tamura's 1 year anniversary

Maybe it's two different guys then? In any case I'm not really sure what it says about what's left of Z1 that their new champ is an outsider with only 1 year pro to his name. Unless their plan is to sign him and make him a new ace/guy they can build around, in which case all the more power to em. 

So he wins the belt in between losing big singles matches to TAKA and Sekimoto. I wonder if Z1 just really had to get the belt off of Chris Vice right away or something. I'm much more intrigued by all this than I probably should be, especially since I haven't watched Z1 is ages. 

Always had a soft spot for the Nagata vs. Makabe IWGP Heavyweight Championship match in Korakuen. There's several Makabe matches like that from his peak years, particularly good ones with Goto and Nakamura that might have been G1/IWGP/NJC matches. My memory's a little foggy.

Also seem to remember Kazunari Murakami murdering a bloody Shibata at one of those crazy weird/bad Ultimate Crush shows. The one that's entirely shit except a very decent Chono/Hogan match and a nutso Bob Sapp 5 on 5 Elimination match that I should go back and re-watch cause it might have been great?

And of course, one of the recent Jericho/Naito matches was pretty red.

Edited by John E. Dynamite

Nagata also had a bloodbath with Yasuda at the end of his first IWGP title reign. I also recall Murakami having a super bloody fight with Enson Inoue where Murakami juiced like crazy and was rubbing his hands all over his face and licking the blood off them to try to regain his vision. 

Not exactly one of the bloodiest in terms of sheer blood volume but maybe the most shocking appearance of lots of blood might be the Ikeda vs Bob Backlund headbutt match from BattlArts back in the day. 

• Like 1

Since I realized I still have access to NJ World, is there anything in the last year or so that is absolutely must-watch? Or are there any recommendations for a dark horse hit to go look up? I watched the crazy Sasaki/Nagata bloodbath written about above (one of TWO they had where they must've lost a pint apiece) on there yesterday.

Tamura to recreate UWF in GLEAT, said theres many UWF styles as well to be revived. Other dudes like Riki Choshu are in charge of their own pro-wrestling sections, which aren't shoot style.

Think said something about the NJPW vs UWFI 90 battles but inside the promotion. Not sure.