DVDVR Message Board

Puroresu General Discussion for 2020

Control

Assorted news

Kono and Wu will produce shows together at shin kiba. I wonder if Masayuki Kono is the mystery M's Alliance member?

Go Shiozaki to aim for absolute champion or king. That was Kobashi's old thing.

Onita wants to bring in Mecha Pandita for Street Fight Club.

o1340126014803193710.jpg

Gotta be worried about the immediate future of the business. New Japan can perhaps afford to do this, but I doubt many others can. And if you don’t cancel in this situation, and get identified as the source of a spread?

You just do what fozzy did and say you followed the rules. And have no conscience. I was thinking what kind of logical loopholes jericho would jump through if somebody not at the concert died after getting it from somebody who did go to the concert. You can't even say 'they knew the risks' at that point. 

On 4/11/2020 at 3:59 PM, Control said:

Haven't watched it yet, but here is the Tenryu/Hara v Onita/Goto match that disappeared from the interwebs and some were looking for:

Nooo! Anyone know if this account has resurfaced?

On 8/11/2020 at 11:35 PM, Curt McGirt said:

I am shocked -- shocked -- to see Ichiro Yaguchi isn't a partner in the six-man. Does he have church that night?

Ichiro Yaguchi hasn't really worked with Onita at all since he came back out of retirement in 2018.

Yeah, the last time he worked on a show with him was his "retirement" in 2017. Maybe he pissed him off like Onita is prone to doing with everyone ever.

For the record, this may have been the worst match I've ever seen that had supposedly trained wrestlers partaking. Nearly everyone looked so bad that even Naoshi Sano looked like the best guy in there.

Choden Senshi Battle Ranger defeats 326 and Flying Kid Ichihara and Macho Michaels and Masahiro Sase and Masaru Kameda and Naoshi Sano and Raiden and Ricky Fuji and Shocker and Takumi Sakurai and Tomoryu and Toshiaki Terao and Wild Bear and Wild Cat and Wild Komon and Wild Seven (10:20)

Edited by Ryan

Yeah, I don’t know NOAH too well. Just looking at his career on Cagematch, I wonder if it’s, like, start of NOAH to his 2004 Dome match against Kobashi. You’d have his G1 performance and his rivalry/team with Nagata in there. By 2005 he’s having that match against Shibata and is definitely already a grumpy vet.

He definitely has a noticable bump up towards being seen as a full equal to Misawa and Kobashi in the early days of NOAH, as opposed to a wink-wink equal. Then as it became more clear Kobashi's body wasn't going to hold up I suppose it only went further on, though to be honest I started losing interest in NOAH full-time when Kobashi wasn't really around so there's a lot of stuff that is new for me.

• Like 1