DVDVR Message Board

Puroresu General Discussion for 2020

Control

On 8/6/2020 at 7:40 PM, Jiji said:

I want to find my Dynamic A Jumbo/Misawa VHS and upload it. I think it may have been an 8 hour recording.

One of my favorite wrestling tapes that I had. If I remember right he made two tapes and never got around to doing the 3rd because of being busy with life and stuff. I've wonder what has happen  to Dynamic A, I assume he has disappeared like all the other older members. 

• Like 1

I think he was doing some post-graduate work way back when, so he's probably in some field of education like most people with Masters, lol. He was making some era specific AJPW edits when Fire Pro World dropped a few years back. One of the nicest people I've interacted with due to my love of Japanese wrestling. Solidest of dudes.

Edited by Jiji
  • Like 2

Was the Dynamic one's pimping post stored on the main site like JDW's or just a post on the forum?

Edit: Or more likely are you confusing him entirely with JDW's pimping post which can be found in wayback archives.

Edited by Ryan
  • Like 1

I met Dynamic A (Adam) about ten years ago when he was part of a group of wrestling fans who came to Osaka. We hung out, eating and drinking and going to Osaka Pro shows. Definitely a good guy, intelligent and funny. Just as nice in real life as he is online. I tried to convince him to ditch academia and teach English in Japan. Glad to hear he's doing well.

1935858_147672475357_6050821_n.jpg?_nc_c

Clockwise from top left: Jonathan, DJ, Russell, Adam.

1935858_147672520357_4912948_n.jpg?_nc_c

Left to right: Kenji, Jonathan, Adam, Russell (about to hang snacks around Kuishinbo Kamen's neck).

EDIT: I just remembered, I also bumped into him last year while playing Fire Pro World online. 

Edited by gordi
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, DangerMark said:

Wow. That's even funnier, because I'm pretty sure his handle was something like KojimaBakayaro. Did he get to get to see the big orange lump? 

If I remember correctly, he came to Osaka at least three times but only went to Osaka Pro shows to the best of my knowledge. We fell out of touch a few years ago, though, so he might have...

I can remember, though not clearly, that DJ was not feeling well and so Jonathan and Adam and the guys went back to the hotel while Kenji, Kae, some other fans, and I went out drinking... and our group bumped into none other than Jun Akiyama on our way to the first restaurant! He was training to recover from a knee injury (back injury?) at the time, I believe.

No photo description available.

Edited by gordi
  • Like 4

NOAH:

I was right that NOAH would book 60 min draw for Go vs Kenoh.

Keiji Muto defeated Kaito. The plan is to face Go someday. And Muto will bring in a new member for M's alliance.

HAYATA threw the IPW Jr. Heavyweight in the trash can after he won it.

The GHC HW tags are vacant now.

N-1 VICTORY 2020 ~ NOAH NUMBER ONE PRO-WRESTLING LEAGUE

Block A:
Go Shiozaki
Masa Kitamiya
Manabu Soya
Kaito Kiyomoya
Masaaki Mochizuki
Kazushi Sakuraba

Block B:
Kenoh
Naomichi Marufuji
Takashi Sugiura
Katsuhiko Nakajima
Shuhei Taniguchi
Yoshiki Inamura

BJW:

Fujinami won't be part of the BJW show because of Lumbar spinal stenosis.

Shigehiro Irie will face Daichi for the Strong BJW world title.

Frank Atsushi will retire in Sept.

Edited by D.Z

Wrestlers who don't bump much and slower over time will still destroy parts of their spine. There were some studies in Japan about spine damage... I think the NOAH/former AJPW  post split main eventers had the most damage and at younger rates

https://thejns.org/spine/view/journals/j-neurosurg-spine/29/6/article-p622.xml

Edited by D.Z
  • Like 1

On 8/9/2020 at 8:40 AM, Ryan said:

Was the Dynamic one's pimping post stored on the main site like JDW's or just a post on the forum?

Edit: Or more likely are you confusing him entirely with JDW's pimping post which can be found in wayback archives.

I am confusing the two!! Gahh, sorry/thank you. 

On 8/8/2020 at 7:17 PM, Ryan said:

Dynamic A or Adam is still around, look for him on facebook if you know his full name. He's a history professor.

I don't remember his last name. The only time I saw it is when I got the tape from him in the mail. Good to know he is a history professor.

okadaiwgp.jpg

NJPW081212G1P3.png

31c377e2cb59e78e0e29c1284b5c30a770136d1f

I read a cool fact that Kazuchika Okada won the IWGP Heavyweight Championship, G1 Climax and New Japan Cup all at the first attempt.

Kazuchika Okada beat Hiroshi Tanahashi for his IWGP Heavyweight Championship at The New Beginning 2012, won G1 Climax 22 (2012) and New Japan Cup 2013. Gedo was so right strapping the rocket on the Rainmaker and how he's delivered as the Ace of NJPW.

Edited by The Natural

Jun will be at the  DDT/Onita's Street fight Club

From Dramatic DDT blog:

BAKUHA KOSHIEN “STREET FIGHT CLUB”, 25/08/2020
Tokyo Korakuen Hall

1. Gake no Fuchi Joshi Vs Pocchari Joshi Full Face To Face Battle!: Miyako Matsumoto & Chris Brookes Vs Yuna Manase & Yumehito Imanari
2. Hage Torongezu Vs #STRONGHEARTS!: Jiro Kuroshio & Seigo Tachibana Vs T-Hawk & El Lindaman
3. STREET FIGHT CLUB Special Match ~Royal Traditions Match~: Jun Akiyama Vs Yukio Naya
4. Street Fight 6-Man Tag Match: Atsushi Onita, Yuko Miyamoto & Rocky Kawamura Vs Takashi Sugiura, NOSAWA Rongai & Kaz Hayashi