DVDVR Message Board

Puroresu General Discussion for 2020

Control

Doing double post because this is completely different thing. Anyway, NJPW has that TV show in Japan and they are hinting at new wrestler:

Might be Kawato since it is about time for him to return and he was doing lots of kicking in CMLL and someone pointed out that wristband has same colour as his hair did before he got shaved. Anyway, my guess would be that we'll get teaser videos during NJ Cup shows and maybe a proper return in Osaka. Maybe he was supposed to return for BotSJ?

I guess we will be able to end "Is Kawato bad at lucha or is he just bad?" arguments in few months.

• Like 1

@Archibald, couldn't agree more with both of your posts.

I was just thinking about my dear boi Kawato the other day, that he probably returned home during March when the world was just starting to light on fire and that it had been a long enough failed experiment. Time for him to sink or swim. I've made the argument that just because he had (significant) issues adapting to lucha libre doesn't mean his career is over or that he's not a good wrestler. He is a pure white meat babyface underdog and because of racism had to play evil foreigner. I'm really interested and hopeful of his return. There weren't many wrestlers who sell better than Kawato on the planet before he left and people usually don't forget how to sell. I still remember fondly that face he made after Archer beat his ass in the Tokyo Dome during the tag title match just before his excursion. 

And yeah, I think both Omega and Dave overstated their case and it does highlight how petty Kenny can be that he's telling people that even if it's true, which I think it may be going off what we know of both he and Okada. So much of the callbacks to both the feud and outside sources and emotional spots are present in Kenny's big matches and less so Okada's, though Okada will generally play up past meetings (obv Tanahashi series). Maybe Okada reeled in some of Omega's self indulgence and when you put two geniuses like them together, who in some ways are opposites, and give them freedom like that you end up with balanced perfection. I also shouldn't have said the line about axe grinding but I can't sleep, it's starting to catch up with me, and I'm on edge. So apologies, Raziel. I disagree with you on Omega clearly but I shouldn't say shit like that. 

Edited by Oyaji
  • Like 3

On 6/15/2020 at 1:05 PM, Linus said:

Does anyone know of a complete archive of 666 results?

I probably have the most 666 results gathered on my site. They are scattered along with other results through out the years though. 

http://fmwwrestling.us/MiscResults20.html - previous years links results are down below. There are other shows they hold like last July they had a bunch of basement shows no one else covered since they are hard shows to translate but their Shin-Kiba shows are mostly around early March, June 6th, mid August, Halloween, and December 23rd.

Edited by BAHU
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I realize we’re nowhere near done dealing with COVID, but I’m honestly kind of amazed that all of the feds have survived this far. I figured three months without fans would end BJW and Z1.

NOAH news : Muto's new M's alliance vs Sugiura gun soon. Interesting thing of note is Mutos hatred of Kendo (member of Sugiura gun), Muto dismissed Kendo in AJPW back in 2004.

Kendo however is representing Lidet and doesn't care for Sugiura. 

Kaito seems to have adopted the flashing elbow?

6 hours ago, D.Z said:

Muto dismissed Kendo in AJPW back in 2004.

Refresh my memory, this must have been before he mailed his half of the tag titles back to AJPW? As I recall he held with Nagata, but they didn't get two out of the four belts back until after the decision match for the new champions, so the new champions had to get one belt each.

• Like 1

7月18日(土)18:30 NOAH: in Kōrakuen Hall, Kiyomiya and Shiozaki vs Muto and Marufuji.  Maybe Kiyomiya will defeat Muto to set up their singles match or maybe Muto will pin Shiozaki and challenge him for the GHC HW. NOAH could then book Muto to win the GHC HW and drop it to Kiyomiya.

Just speculation of course.

Edited by D.Z

Kidani mentioned the bond with TV Asahi deepened and will aim to be on primetime in the next few years. Kidani wants to push more new talent for true Golden Age. Also if a second wave of corona hits this fall or winter, they will carry on with no fans.

Edited by D.Z

9 hours ago, D.Z said:

Sorry for the triple post but:

Jun Akiyama to be rented to DDT, and may stay there after rent.

That’s neat, and it will be interesting to see what it leads to. DDT and AJ working together like AJ and Dragon Gate currently do? Akiyama transferring full time? He’s been pretty checked out of AJ for a while, so though I’ll miss him there, his loss will barely register on the cards.

Edited by Control
  • Like 1

This would seem to imply he'd leave AJPW eventually. But yeah, he's not featured in-ring much, and doesn't book anymore, so--while I love him--I'm not sure this is a huge loss. (I also think Jun--not Mutoh--would be the ideal old legend for Kaito to beat in a title match, given his history. Seems unlikely, though.)

There will be a joint press conference soon between DDT and AJP. Juns Twitter seems to have DDT only listed and AJPW removed.  Speculation wise...I wouldn't mind a trade for somebody that belongs to DDT, years ago AJP traded Bushi for NJPWs Kanemoto.

Edited by D.Z

Anybody watching the Batbat stream on IWTV? I leave it on to give 'em some numbers as I'm doing other shit but I came back on the comp and saw just the most absurdly tight backpack submission that would have the most flexible wrestlers screaming "moons over my hammy". I've watched the majority of the shows they've uploaded and this shit ages like a fine wine. For people who have troubles getting into UWF(i) shoot style, Battlarts is a way better gateway drug.

Kyoko Kimura and the other women they had on their shows were great at the style too.

Edited by Oyaji

6 hours ago, D.Z said:

There will be a joint press conference soon between DDT and AJP. Juns Twitter seems to have DDT only listed and AJPW removed.  Speculation wise...I wouldn't mind a trade for somebody that belongs to DDT, years ago AJP traded Bushi for NJPWs Kanemoto.

Kanemoto's contract just wasn't renewed after he did his annual dickish "will he, won't he" during the January re-signing phase. The company wasn't in the mood to put up with his bs at the time since they were hurting. Bushi left for NJPW in in 2012 as a rental trasnfer. He made the official switch in 2013. Bushi and Kanemoto were in AJPW at the same time. 

Edited by Eivion