DVDVR Message Board

2019-20 NFL PLAYOFFS: DIVISIONALS

Dolfan in NYC

I've seen this hit brought up multiple times, but it was 100% legal because it was a designed run for the quarterback.  It also disregards the fact that there were at least 3 Bills who could have blocked this dude, but whiffed before he lit up their quarterback.  There is also a strangely large amount of people who claim that any criticism of Josh Allen is racial.  We really live in the worst possible timeline.  

1 hour ago, supremebve said:

I've seen this hit brought up multiple times, but it was 100% legal because it was a designed run for the quarterback.  It also disregards the fact that there were at least 3 Bills who could have blocked this dude, but whiffed before he lit up their quarterback.  There is also a strangely large amount of people who claim that any criticism of Josh Allen is racial.  We really live in the worst possible timeline.  

It was a clean hit. And damn what a hit! That was the same QB sweep they were killing the Texans with all game.

there was an uncalled hit to the head on Watson after he had given himself up. And a non call PI on Hopkins in the first quarter. 

news: likely that Will Fuller plays Sunday. Remember that Fuller dropped 3 TDs last game in KC and Texans still won. Kenny Stills didn’t play. Texans had no healthy cornerbacks. And still won. 

also, JJ Watt’s girlfriend got traded to Chicago. So he’ll be mad.

what I’m saying is there’s a chance.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lawful Metal said:

It was a clean hit. And damn what a hit! That was the same QB sweep they were killing the Texans with all game.

there was an uncalled hit to the head on Watson after he had given himself up. And a non call PI on Hopkins in the first quarter. 

news: likely that Will Fuller plays Sunday. Remember that Fuller dropped 3 TDs last game in KC and Texans still won. Kenny Stills didn’t play. Texans had no healthy cornerbacks. And still won. 

also, JJ Watt’s girlfriend got traded to Chicago. So he’ll be mad.

what I’m saying is there’s a chance.

Will Fuller doesn't need to catch any passes, as long as he's on the field the defense can't focus solely on Deandre Hopkins.  His presence makes them a great offense, his absence makes them an average offense.  Watson and Hopkins are both better than him, but in many ways he's the most important part of what they want to do on offense.  

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, supremebve said:

Will Fuller doesn't need to catch any passes, as long as he's on the field the defense can't focus solely on Deandre Hopkins.  His presence makes them a great offense, his absence makes them an average offense.  Watson and Hopkins are both better than him, but in many ways he's the most important part of what they want to do on offense.  

One of the playoff previews I read noted that when Fuller doesn't play the Texans passing yards per game drops almost 150 yards and Watson goes from the 2nd best deep ball thrower (with the most TDs and yards) in the league to the 32nd.

I'd still peg the Chiefs as the favourite, just because they're at home, but there should be no shocked faces if the Texans win.

7 hours ago, supremebve said:

Wish I could find video of the hit as I don't remember it other than being a big hit.  Would like to see it again.

29 minutes ago, Lawful Metal said:

I take it all back. BOB is my coach!

prediction: same as last week. If Will Fuller plays, Texans win.

Bill O'Brien gets my vote for coach who's team wins despite his coaching.  He just strikes me as a buffoon.

1 hour ago, supremebve said:

Bill O'Brien gets my vote for coach who's team wins despite his coaching.  He just strikes me as a buffoon.

completely agreed!  But his players will run through a brick wall for him, too, so even if he's bad at offensive strategy, playcalling, game and time management, at least he's a good motivator.  Or that's probably JJ Watt doing the motivating.  What I wouldn't do for a real Offensive Coordinator.  Or a real GM.  or a real coach.  

the bye week is such a huge advantage for the (usually) already better team to have.

also the 49er pass rush is back to early season form by getting Dee Ford back and reestablishing the rotation.

• Like 2

Tough to win football games when you can't run the football and can't stop the run, especially in the playoffs.

At least there's some solace to be had in screwing New Orleans over because, as always, fuck the New Orleans Saints.

That first TD catch was absolutely phenomenal. I was listening to Baldinger's picks for the weekend between games and was shocked to say that the Titans had no chance. He's usually really astute and avoids hyperbole when looking at a team's chances and then he dropped that beauty. It's still really early but it's a game.