DVDVR Message Board

The Olympics

Dolfan in NYC

Allyson Felix - at the age of 35 - qualified for her 5th Olympics

If she wins a medal, she will tie Carl Lewis for most Olympic medals by an American track and field athlete

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Ryan Lochte and Michael Phelps say hi.  

Un-fucking-believable. 

You don't think she should be banned for smoking pot?  How about for ignoring a rule?  Even if you don't believe people should be banned for marijuana (I'm fine with banning dope smokers), she knew the rule, knew the test was coming up, and still got high?  Banned for idiocy, maybe?  Or maybe the Olympics just aren't that important to her.  From what I read this morning, the rules for pot positives were relaxed a few years ago.  You supposedly have to smoke a fair bit of dope less than 24 hrs. before the test to flunk.

• Like 1

I do not think she should be banned for smoking marijuana.  

I do not think marijuana (THC/CBD) should be on the banned substances list.  

I do not think a college student should be getting pilloried for smoking marijuana, while other athletes (listed above) get celebrated for it.  (Draw your own conclusions as to why.)

And I do not think I'll be answering anything else about this.  

• Like 2

Both 400 m hurdles competitions are going to be interesting, new WRs Sydney McLaughlin as the first woman to run under 52 seconds in the US trials, Karsten Warholm from Norway beating the 29 year old time set by Kevin Young in the 1992 Barcelona Olympics. 

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Well, this doesn't seem great...

All this means is that restaurants close early and we can't order alcohol anymore. The first State of Emergency was treated seriously but since then people don't care. They lifted the most recent SOE a few weeks ago so numbers are rising again.

• Thanks 1