DVDVR Message Board

2020 STUFF ABOUT SPORTS MEDIA THREAD

Dolfan in NYC

14 hours ago, cubbymark said:

Ben Shapiro and Meghan McCain are probably emailing him as we speak.

There's no real way to both sides this one.  Am I the only one who is surprised they bothered with a suspension?  If this isn't a fireable offense, what the fuck is?  There is no context where that comment would be excusable.

• Like 2

Hey, don't worry guys, both he and his father have assured us he's not the kind of person who says homophobic slurs. So clearly this was an amazing, one time only coincidence that the only time he ever has in his life was while his mic was hot.

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Reminder that he also calls NFL games for FOX.

Something tells me he will keep that gig (I mean you can just look at the recent Nick Cannon thing as an example)

FOX says Brennaman is out.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Hey, don't worry guys, both he and his father have assured us he's not the kind of person who says homophobic slurs. So clearly this was an amazing, one time only coincidence that the only time he ever has in his life was while his mic was hot.

If he wasn't Marty's son, he would have been fired on the spot rather than suspended.

• 2 weeks later...

I just found out that Cousin Sal started his own podcast network. Does this mean the ending of the BS/CS podcasting relationship? Have they addressed this publicly? 

Edit : just checked...they are still doing the Guessing The Lines podcast

Edited by Infinit

"Cincinnati has its racism honed like a fine blade. They were clubbing people to death long before the NYPD even stumbled upon the notion."

I've missed this so much.

Plus unofficial site mascot Daniel Radcliffe is back to read some bad tweets, that's what really makes it real to me.

• Like 2

Just another reminder that Skip Bayless is an absolute garbage fire of a human being:

(EDIT - I just realized I'd make you actually watch that clip if I didn't say what he said...   Dak talked about mental health & depression from his brother's death and Covid this year. Skip called it a sign of weakness for a franchise leader to say. "No sympathy for an NFL QB to say that")

(EDIT #2 - God bless The Onion)

On 9/10/2020 at 1:36 PM, elizium said:

"Cincinnati has its racism honed like a fine blade. They were clubbing people to death long before the NYPD even stumbled upon the notion."

I've missed this so much.

Plus unofficial site mascot Daniel Radcliffe is back to read some bad tweets, that's what really makes it real to me.

I subscribed the day I saw the announcement. I've really missed the Deadspin idiots. This is one of the rare good things that's happened this year.

• Like 1

On 9/10/2020 at 4:08 PM, Dolfan in NYC said:

(EDIT - I just realized I'd make you actually watch that clip if I didn't say what he said...   Dak talked about mental health & depression from his brother's death and Covid this year. Skip called it a sign of weakness for a franchise leader to say. "No sympathy for an NFL QB to say that")

Fox Sports felt obliged to put out a statement later that day distancing themselves from Bayless' comment.  They also allegedly reprimanded him privately (probably for infringing on Tucker Carlson's gimmick).

Honestly, I rather like Bayless when he was just a Dallas newspaper guy.  The couple books he wrote on the Cowboys were quite good.  But since he joined ESPN and became a media personality, he seems like a miserable person who doesn't want to work in sports anymore.  But... I can never tell if he's being genuine when he makes controversial comment or if he's just working a gimmick.  Both?

1 hour ago, Eoae said:

Fox Sports felt obliged to put out a statement later that day distancing themselves from Bayless' comment.  They also allegedly reprimanded him privately (probably for infringing on Tucker Carlson's gimmick).

Honestly, I rather like Bayless when he was just a Dallas newspaper guy.  The couple books he wrote on the Cowboys were quite good.  But since he joined ESPN and became a media personality, he seems like a miserable person who doesn't want to work in sports anymore.  But... I can never tell if he's being genuine when he makes controversial comment or if he's just working a gimmick.  Both?

If Skip Bayless is being genuine when he makes controversial comments, he's a jackass.

If Skip Bayless is working a gimmick or says stupid shit purposefully because he thinks it's draws ratings, he's a jackass.

Richard Deitsch was my favorite Twitter account to follow a few years back was when there was big hype around Skip debuting his FS1 show, that whenever Skip would say something really stupid or self-congratulatory, he would isolate the comment and then post it with the comparison ratings of very benign programs that drew higher viewerships that Skip's show.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/13/2020 at 8:35 AM, Eoae said:

I believe this is more commonly referred to as "Bill Simmons Syndrome."

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Contentious C said:

Joe Buck is going into the Football Hall of Fame, like I needed more reasons in 2020 to throw up in my mouth.

Am I the only one who has no issue with Joe Buck?  He's just another play by play guy to me.  There is nothing he's ever done to excite me, nor offend me, he's literally just another voice during a game.  At a certain point, that's kind of the job.  

• Like 1