DVDVR Message Board

NXT UK TAKEOVER: Blackpool II

RIPPA

I think one of my favorite things about Walter is that his stuff doesn't look "pretty". Walter is not out there to steal the show, have a moment or put smiles on anyone's face. He's a monster who wants to hurt anyone who dares step up and challenge him. Nothing fancy, nothing over the top, just beating a man down because he wants to WIN.

And as much as I love Tyler Bate, let him go visit Pete Dunne in USA NXT or stay here, but keep this man far, far away from the main roster. He's just so damn great and a top notch underdog babyface, but in a Shorty G world(hey,can you imagine THAT match?)he ain't amounting to anything on the main shows

• Like 3

I think Walter is definitely trying to steal the show, but he understands how to do that as a big bruiser. Make the audience feel your size, and protect your moves. Most importantly, he emotes his entitlement and frustration when a prole dares to step up to him. He's still a very modern wrestler and his quick strike sequences, apron/ring post power bombs, and sleeper suplex are important to his presentation. That's what I really love about him, he's not trying to be Hansen or Vader, but he understands how to adapt their successful traits to a modern audience.

• Like 1

• RIPPA unpinned this topic