DVDVR Message Board

Royal Rumble XXXIII - 1/26/2020

Dolfan in NYC

Just now, RIPPA said:

Speaking of Sasha - the WON update that was just posted confirmed Sasha was planned for the Rumble but was not medically cleared

Good thing she was cleared to take on Bayley on today’s UUDD special.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The Natural said:

Best to ever do it. Love Daniel Bryan.

I agree but I saw Meltzer tell people Zack Sabre Jr is better, especially since Bryan himself said it as well, I've been watching his New Japan work I dont think he is Yet

16 minutes ago, Go2Sleep said:

Oh man, I forgot about Santina. Easily the worst part of the show. "Look how progressive our women's division is, oh hey, a man in drag, isn't that hilarious?" Guess Vince just can't help himself sometimes.

WWE doing comedy is about as natural as an oral bowel movement.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

I agree but I saw Meltzer tell people Zack Sabre Jr is better, especially since Bryan himself said it as well, I've been watching his New Japan work I dont think he is Yet

That'd be a dream match for me.

7 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Circling back to this... I just wanted to reiterate what total horseshit this is. Because this is almost word for word what they said when Orton won. 

And then we got bugs in the ring. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Go2Sleep said:

Oh man, I forgot about Santina. Easily the worst part of the show. "Look how progressive our women's division is, oh hey, a man in drag, isn't that hilarious?" Guess Vince just can't help himself sometimes.

"HA! GOD DAMN PAL THAT IS SOME FUNNY SHIT! IT'S A MAN PRETENDING TO BE A WOMAN! GOD DAMN THIS IS GOLD!" 

VINCE-MCMAHON.jpg

Edited by BrianS81177

1 hour ago, Go2Sleep said:

it gets even "better" the more I think of names of woman who could have actually had that spot but were instead left off the show entirely to make room for it.

• Like 1

I've heard from 3 different people today that they very much disliked the Women's Rumble because "all those NXT girls nobody has ever heard of". I was like, well every one of those Women, with the exception of Shotzi and Mercedes who just showed up, are pretty prominently featured on NXT, so it's not like they're complete unknowns if you watch that show. Then, just to see because I hadn't really thought about it, I looked at the complete list of entrants in the Women's Rumble and 13 were from NXT, 7 from RAW, and 7 from Smackdown, and 3 "free agents". So, I guess NXT really did have one hell of a presence in the Rumble. Especially when compared to the Men's Rumble when only 2 entrants were NXT.

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Circling back to this... I just wanted to reiterate what total horseshit this is. Because this is almost word for word what they said when Orton won. 

No offense to Satin, but he did complain when Tessa Blanchard didn't win the X-Division title. I don't see how this is any different. 

Still can't get over that Charlotte Flair had to be in last year's main event because "Vince promised her the main event" or some such nonsense or Rousey vs. Charlotte was the anointed match or some such. It should've been Rousey vs. Lynch and that's it. I maintain the booking of how they forced Charlotte into the match was awful.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Man, I hated that WrestleMania XXXIII match. I gave extra credit to Goldberg/Lesnar for waking me and the crowd back up as we had to suffer from Rollins/Triple H and Wyatt/Orton back to back.

42 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

No offense to Satin, but he did complain when Tessa Blanchard didn't win the X-Division title. I don't see how this is any different. 

Still can't get over that Charlotte Flair had to be in last year's main event because "Vince promised her the main event" or some such nonsense or Rousey vs. Charlotte was the anointed match or some such. It should've been Rousey vs. Lynch and that's it. I maintain the booking of how they forced Charlotte into the match was awful.

Charlotte had been stating in interviews that her goal was to be in the 1st women's main event at WrestleMania probably at least two years before it happened and had obviously been working towards that. Would have been beyond a shame for her to have been pushed out. Yeah, the booking largely sucked but it gave us that awesome backstage brawl! ?  And Charlotte being there elevated the match. Period. Are Becky and Ronda ever going to be able to have a great one-on-one? I hope so but I'll believe in it when I actually see it.

And , not directed at you specifically, but the ridiculous crying about the possibility of Becky and Charlotte ever having another match! There is so much of that story left to tell. It's a good thing most of you weren't around in the 70's or 80's or we might not have had as much of Flair-Steamboat or Rhodes-Race or Funk-Brisco or Gagne- Bockwinkel. Or later with Misawa-Kawada or Austin-Rock. I mean the thought that some of you might have had to endure so much greatness pains my heart. 

12 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Very quick count - 6 (this is counting the Usos who just were in the opening brawl, Corey Graves announcing)

I also can't remember if I counted Baszler since a) I couldn't remember if she was dating Dakota Kai or Teagen Knox (though both count) and b) technically I wasn't sure if the relationship was official

I have never heard that. Where did this information come from?

- faking a knee injury to work the ref and sucker punch your opponent

- attempting to remove the turnbuckle pad

- having an ongoing argument with one particular fan while working your headlocks

- shaking your head "no" in a vain attempt to discourage people from chanting for your opponent

- the mock salute

- CHEAT TO WIN~! with a handful of trunks on the winning pinfall

- crawling away up the ramp to underscore that you totally got your ass kicked and stole the victory

It may have been the bathroom match for a lot of people, but I totally appreciate Evil Bayley's homage to classic heeling. 

• Like 10