DVDVR Message Board

Royal Rumble XXXIII - 1/26/2020

Dolfan in NYC

5 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

My friend made me laugh like hell when he said "I stepped away from WWE for 2 years and the first thing I see is Roman winning a match and Charlotte winning the Rumble. Nothing's changed"  

Besides maybe McIntyre vs. Lesnar what on the WrestleMania card is fresh?  What's new? Why should anyone care? 

I think 

Fiend vs Reigns
McIntyre vs Lesnar
Orton vs Edge
Rollins+Crew vs Joe/Owens+Crew in a gimmick match
Women Do Things

is one of the best tops of a card they've had in years if they don't blow all this stuff between now and Mania.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Matt D said:

I think 

Fiend vs Reigns
McIntyre vs Lesnar
Orton vs Edge
Rollins+Crew vs Joe/Owens+Crew in a gimmick match
Women Do Things

is one of the best tops of a card they've had in years if they don't blow all this stuff between now and Mania.

I'm not going to spend a lot of time on this because I don't know if you're serious or not but what have you seen from The Fiend that makes you think him vs. Roman is going to be must see?  Orton vs. Edge...ok...maybe that's something.  

"Women do things"   ..  like what? What women's match are you looking forward to? 

Also, Kevin Dunn was on another level for this one. He missed a bunch of things and quick cutted around anything that might’ve had some emotional weight and sapped some of the energy out of it. I normally don’t notice it but this night was egregious.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Godfrey said:

Also, Kevin Dunn was on another level for this one. He missed a bunch of things and quick cutted around anything that might’ve had some emotional weight and sapped some of the energy out of it. I normally don’t notice it but this night was egregious.

He missed the first fucking spear. The FIRST FUCKING SPEAR. How on earth do you fuck that up??  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, The Natural said:

The Brock beatdown portion of the Royal Rumble needed shortening, sucks seeing the treatment of Cesaro and Rey Mysterio. Oh, John Morrison. Welcome back to WWE! 

Disagree. As annoying as it may have been, without that run the Drew elimination of Brock loses some of its shine. You needed to legit piss people off to get them to overreact to McIntyre.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, The Natural said:

The Brock beatdown portion of the Royal Rumble needed shortening, sucks seeing the treatment of Cesaro and Rey Mysterio. Oh, John Morrison. Welcome back to WWE! 

I don't understand the whining about Cesaro and Morrison getting shit on. And it isn't just you. That's where they are in the company. I especially have no pity for Morrison. Guy could've been a top star literally anywhere else in the world. Several former writers have talked about Vince's disdain for Morrison. Why would you go back?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Peck said:

Disagree. As annoying as it may have been, without that run the Drew elimination of Brock loses some of its shine. You needed to legit piss people off to get them to overreact to McIntyre.

I'd have just cut down an elimination or two. It worked out well.