DVDVR Message Board

Royal Rumble XXXIII - 1/26/2020

Dolfan in NYC

Debut Bianca... cool she looks good out there....   Charlotte goes over.  

Debut Shayna...  she looks good for a couple minutes....  Charlotte goes over.  

What a horror show.  ?   ...   And I said it months ago.   If anyone here seriously for one second doubted that she wouldn't be involved in a main event WrestleMania then I have a bridge to sell you.  

• Like 2

Women's match was okay, but it's kinda lame when the winner spends half her time taking a nap on the floor.

Men's match did an excellent job making almost the entire face roster look like the biggest fucking idiots:  Owens, Joe, Riddle, Strowman, Lee, Black, and Ricochet all managed to look like total job guys (though not as much of jobbers as the first 12 guys in the match.)

Never thought I'd say this but Reigns/Corbin was probably the best match of the show.  It had a fun atmosphere and the crowd brought it up.  

1 minute ago, The Natural said:

I thought this was the worst of the three women's Royal Rumble matches. I'll be honest, no Sasha Banks and Charlotte Flair winning are contributing factors to this POV.

There's always a silver lining if one searches hard enough...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, hammerva said:

So why did they pull Russev and Lashley?  And who actually replaced them

Also how did Beth get busted open so badly in the back of her head.  That was gross

Yeah, that was a bad cut. Respect to Beth Phoenix battling on.

3 minutes ago, hammerva said:

So why did they pull Russev and Lashley?  And who actually replaced them

Also how did Beth get busted open so badly in the back of her head.  That was gross

Murphy got pulled too. I'm assuming for the OC and Benjamin. 

And has any "big man" been more bitchmade in the Rumble than Big E? C'mon. 

I haven't watched a main roster ppv since last year's rumble, but I've always been a sucker for the Royal Rumble match. I hated the women's match. Charlotte winning is about as boring as you can get.

I didn't like Brock plowing through half the field, but the match improved a lot after he was eliminated. It seemed like AJ got hurt and an audible was called. I hope it's nothing serious if he did get hurt. I don't really feel one way or the other about Drew winning. I enjoyed his indy run, but nothing he's done since being back in WWE has really clicked for me.

I would think they'd go with Randy Orton vs.Edge at either SaudiMania or WM. 

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

Also AJ’s elimination looked like a botch to me.

I think AJ got hurt on the spear. They clearly had the medical guys follow him for about a minute before they quickly dumped him.

My friend made me laugh like hell when he said "I stepped away from WWE for 2 years and the first thing I see is Roman winning a match and Charlotte winning the Rumble. Nothing's changed"  

Besides maybe McIntyre vs. Lesnar what on the WrestleMania card is fresh?  What's new? Why should anyone care? 

Edited by Niners Fan in CT

6 minutes ago, The Natural said:

I thought this was the worst of the three women's Royal Rumble matches. I'll be honest, no Sasha Banks and Charlotte Flair winning are contributing factors to this POV.

I actually thought this was the best one they've run so far. Great runs by Bianca, Naomi and Beth, really fun spot with Mandy and Otis, it had just the right number of nostalgia entries (as opposed to the first which was full of them), the winner wasnt entirely obvious (unlike last year) and it flew by in a really entertaining way. 

• Like 4

I was holding out hope for WALTER to come out with Keith Lee and Brock. That would have been a Bunkhouse Brawl. 

... and of course, Christian... I would have loved to see Christian miraculously cleared. 

The funny thing about Edge now with his hobo beard - is that he know looks like his original character of some guy living on the streets.

• Like 3

I really enjoyed the men's Rumble even if the Lesnar run went on a bit. The Keith Lee interaction was amazing and Edge returning was rad, I hope he sticks around for something at Wrestlemania. Drew getting the win is great. He's the ideal Rumble winner, I believe it but I didn't see it coming. And if you're going to make a guy, he's a great candidate. I hope it works.

Charlotte winning is a snooze. She was going to win one eventually but this year wasn't the one. I'm interested to see how they'll make things interesting because it can't just be her and Becky in a match.