DVDVR Message Board

Royal Rumble XXXIII - 1/26/2020

Dolfan in NYC

I hate everything WWE related, and I loved this Rumble. There were a couple guys I thought should've gotten more play, and they didn't have to do my mans Kofi like that, but all in all it was pretty good. I guess all the rumors a while back of Vince wanting to "make" one more guy are true, and he's pivoting to McIntyre. Damn that was cool.

Bray vs D-Bry had normal lights, guess WWE is dropping the red lights.

Glad Drew won. Enjoyed seeing Brock destroy all those midcarders.

I knew Charlotte would win the women's rumble. Can't wait for all the seethe.

• Like 1

I think there were a bunch of missed opportunities in the first half of the Rumble. Everyone should have gotten as much attention/shine as Benjamin did (and he got it by not doing anything but making Brock seem a little different for a moment). The thing was, guys like Bruan and Lee (let alone someone like Morrison or Cesaro) sort of had to get eaten by Brock to make the Drew thing work. Then it was on them to make it matter in the back half and the finish meant that it did almost regardless of everything else (they should have probably given Drew a bit more shine in there after the first few eliminations). 

Everyone killing Rollins felt very, very good after last year's horroshow finish. Orton was more excited about Edge's abs than anything in years. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Said it a hundred times and probably have to say it 100 more,  Charlotte is what people THINK Roman Reigns is.   I really have no idea what you do with Charlotte at WM that she hasn't done about 150 times with Becky or Bayley

The women's match was great with a horrible ending.  the men's match was a terrible beginning (unless you are a huge Brock fan) with a great 2nd half once Drew got in

Edited by hammerva

Men's Rumble was pretty awesome. I think they dragged Brock's elimination a couple spots too long but it was like "It's Your Life" the Brock version with Kofi coming out and then Rey Mysterio and then Shelton his college roommate etc..    The interaction with Keith Lee was fucking awesome.  Edge showing up was cool.  Drew winning is cool.  

The less said about the ungodly awful women's Rumble..... the better. 

• Like 1