DVDVR Message Board

Royal Rumble XXXIII - 1/26/2020

Dolfan in NYC

2 hours ago, hammerva said:

I think the going opinion is that the royal rumble champions are going to be Rousey and Reigns.   I mean seriously they just announced a new shirt for Rousey on their site.   And given that Reigns has been having to babysit Baron Corbin for almost 4 months he deserves it

It was a shirt from last year. That said, I’m sure there will be a lot of speculation until the match ends. 

So if the Edge rumours are legit where does he go?

The guy that stops Lesnar? Yeah could be semi-interesting. No better or worse than the rest of the Lesnar Mania programs. Cant see him getting dropped on his head that many times by Lesnar though.

Rollins? Seems a quick drop of the Owens/Joe feud/tag titles/etc.

McIntyre? Corbin?

Duelling pipebomb promos with Punk? "She was mine before she was yours, Adam"?

Edited by RolandTHTG

There's only a handful of matches I'm intoboth Royal Rumble matches, Fiend/Bryan and Becky/Asuka. Rest is filler you'd have to sit through live so I'm not sure I will be.

Predicting Roman Reigns wins the Men's Royal Rumble match. Shayna Baszler the Women's version though I'd really like it to be Sasha Banks. Don't want Charlotte. Other matches have predictable outcomes. Love Daniel Bryan to go over but that ain't happening.

Edited by The Natural

Thought I'd have a quick go at the 10 best Royal Rumble matches:

10. 1998. Winner: Steve Austin. 

9. 2002. Winner: Triple H.

8. 2018 Men's. Winner: Shinsuke Nakamura.

7. 2018 Women's. Winner: Asuka.

6. 2010. Winner: Edge. 

5. 2004. Winner: Chris Benoit.

4. 2008. Winner: John Cena.

3. 2007. Winner: The Undertaker.

2. 2001. Winner: Steve Austin.

1. 1992. Winner: Ric Flair.

On one hand,  I'm looking forward to the women's Royal Rumble because I have no idea what's going to happen (though I do expect Shayna to be involved). On the other hand,  they did a really bad job promoting it.  They had one segment on Smackdown where they just threw them all in a ring to brawl for 30 seconds (including Bayley and Lacey) and that was it..  

4 announced participants versus 27 announcements on the men's side.  Yeah,  the women's revolution isn't going too well right now. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RolandTHTG said:

So if the Edge rumours are legit where does he go?

The guy that stops Lesnar? Yeah could be semi-interesting. No better or worse than the rest of the Lesnar Mania programs. Cant see him getting dropped on his head that many times by Lesnar though.

Rollins? Seems a quick drop of the Owens/Joe feud/tag titles/etc.

McIntyre? Corbin?

Duelling pipebomb promos with Punk? "She was mine before she was yours, Adam"?

I always assume that if Edge returns it is to get the Saudi Blood Money and not about some Wrestlemania moment.  Because like you mentioned there really isn't anything except some nothing match against guys like Drew or Corbin.  I mean I would love Edge vs Corbin so that we get Corbin as far away from matches that mean anything

1 minute ago, hammerva said:

I always assume that if Edge returns it is to get the Saudi Blood Money and not about some Wrestlemania moment.  Because like you mentioned there really isn't anything except some nothing match against guys like Drew or Corbin.  I mean I would love Edge vs Corbin so that we get Corbin as far away from matches that mean anything

the Saudi's aren't caught up yet on the Attitude / Ruthless Aggression era. Right now they're asking for Yokozuna vs Lex Luger

Men’s Picks

Most Eliminations: Brock Lesnar (7)

Iron Man: Brock Lesnar (20-21)

Final Four: Drew McIntyre, Randy Orton, Keith Lee, Aleister Black

Winner: Aleister Black

Women’s Rumble Picks

Most Eliminations: Nia Jax

Iron Woman: Sasha Banks

Final Four: Charlotte Flair, Shayna Baszler, Sasha Banks, Ronda Rousey

Winner: Shayna Baszler

On 1/25/2020 at 12:11 PM, The Natural said:

Yes.

23 hours ago, L_W_P said:

I hated that one.

Most of them are pretty clever but that was some grade A bullshit.

Thanks, both.  Yeah, that one actively pissed me off, so much that I apparently only vaguely remembered it.  But no, dude was eliminated that year.  Theoretically, no one would be eliminated because they land on a mat not a "floor".  Ugh.

• Like 1

Didn't they only go to Both Feet Must Hit The Floor because of that one that came down to Shawn vs Bulldog, and Shawn put one foot down when he wasn't supposed to? I'm sure it was Any Part Of The Body Hits The Floor before that.

Some of these Rumble stats are getting ridiculous. Six Eiffel Towers? And then there's that thing they've started doing in like the last five years where during the match the commentators will tell us something pointless like someone jumping to sixth place in terms of all-time Rumble eliminations. Just useless drivel. 

Christian just compared Lacey Evans to Kurt Angle in terms of how quickly she's picked wrestling up at a high level. Amazing troll job. 

Just renewed my sub for the Rumble. Haven't watched hardly any WWE.

No idea who this guy in the red pants wrestling Andrade is.

...wait is that fucking Jerry Lawler yelling "Latino Heeeeeeet!"

Subscription canceled.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2