DVDVR Message Board

Royal Rumble XXXIII - 1/26/2020

Dolfan in NYC

Wishful thinking?

Ignoring for a second that the reporting has been that Reigns/Fiend is the plan, from a kayfabe sense I am pretty sure they announced at one point that the winner would challenge “their brands” champion.

They obviously could ignore that or change their mind but it was definitely said at one point recently 

47 minutes ago, DreamBroken said:

Fury's been saying he wants Brock at WM, but I think Meltzer said there's nothing really to it.

I figured Shayna to win the womens rumble, so there would be some sort of follow up to survivor series.

I'm ready for Shayna vs Brock

• Like 3

On 1/16/2020 at 3:12 PM, Godfrey said:

You know who should win? Undertaker. He enters at 30, eliminates the last guy (Lesnar) in seconds, they do a 10 minute special at Mania so Taker gets revenge for the streak and wins the belt, then he can retire the next night on Raw for a huge rating. It gives the good guy a proper send off and finality on a year’s long storyline and a fitting tribute for the one guy who’s always been a force for the company. Brock won’t be delivering any classics or putting over any up and comers anyway, may as well get a feel good moment out of it.

But WWE is petty, your supposed to go out on your back, etc. A man can dream, can’t he?

There's a number of times I thought Undertaker should call it a day:

Losing the WrestleMania Undefeated Streak to Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania XXX. Still fucking hate it. 

25 years of the Undertaker at Survivor Series 2015.

Putting Roman Reigns over in the main event of WrestleMania XXXIII. The post match was perfect as it went back to Undertaker inside the ring with the coat and hat on only to take them off, his gloves first. 

WrestleMania XXXVI.

This Survivor Series will mark the 30th anniversary of the Undertaker.

I like your booking, @Godfrey

Edited by The Natural

If I had the book...

Daniel Bryan defeats The Fiend at the Royal Rumble for the WWE Universal Championship and successfully defends vs. Roman Reigns at WrestleMania XXXVI. I know the Fiend is divisive here but I think Bryan is one of, if not the only person the general audience would accept/be cool with beating the Fiend.

Edited by The Natural

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

There's a number of times I thought Undertaker should call it a day:

Losing the WrestleMania Undefeated Streak to Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania XXX. Still fucking hate it. 

25 years of the Undertaker at Survivor Series 2015.

Putting Roman Reigns over in the main event of WrestleMania XXXIII. The post match was perfect as it went back to Undertaker inside the ring with the coat and hat on only to take them off, his gloves first. 

WrestleMania XXXVI.

This Survivor Series will mark the 30th anniversary of the Undertaker.

I like your booking, @Godfrey

Cheers, @The Natural!

• Thanks 1

This is the thing that drives me crazy about Brock Lesnar. There are MULTIPLE interesting options and outcomes that one could go with for him being in the Rumble. But the powers that be have shown that when faced with an interesting option to go to for Brock, they immediately go in the opposite direction. We can all throw out stuff like "lolromanwinz" but "Brock Lesnar wins because FUCK YOU THAT"S WHY" has been Vince's go to answer for years now.

I would love to be wrong and something new and exciting come out of this Rumble. I like Brock. I like having Brock around. But I don't care about WWE Champion Brock. I don't care about "the reigning, defending, UNDISPUTED...." interviews. I don't care about the spoilers from Heyman. Give me something new. Give me something I haven't see 500 times over the past few years.

4 hours ago, L_W_P said:

That's gonna be a nightmare for the love crowd to keep track of...

WWE hasn't had a love crowd in years.

• Haha 4

I would think so. I wonder if they will pull a swerve though because everyone has been calling a Roman victory for weeks.

Kofi winning and having to pick between getting back the title from Brock or trying to do what nobody has done and take down The Fiend would be pretty cool. The New using the Power of Positivity (tm) to counter The Fiend's mind games would be fantastic wrestling schlock.

The fact that Kofi has a rumble gimmick of finding new ways to avoid elimination, but it has to be a new one every year, and he always then gets eliminated anyway is getting lame. Just let him do a greatest hits tour of all the ways he ever didn't get eliminated, and make the final four at least. If the final two is Kofi and Roman, that's a split crowd. If it's Roman and Brock (or someone else overpushed) that's a negative crowd resenting that they're being forced to support Reigns.

I'd do a final 4 of Reigns, Kingston, Ali and Keith Lee.

Lee and Reigns can hoss each other out. Ali then has the story of Kofi taking HIS spot 12 months ago and this being his time. Kofi still gets the win but Ali is the ironman and has a legit claim for getting a title match at some point.

Kofi then has to decide if he is going to leave SDL (and his friends in the New Day) to face Brock again OR submit himself to a match with The Fiend!

• Like 2

Also, since I haven't seen it mentioned, Shorty G has drawn Sheamus for a match on Sunday.

With any luck it's :05 long with Gable walking into a Brogue Kick and the rest of us ever forgetting "Shorty G" was a thing. 

4 hours ago, MORELOCK said:

Having the ladder match with an over Rey on RAW and the normal match with not-over Humberto at the Rumble seems ass backwards.

Yeah. I get the idea of giving new guy the rub, since Rey doesn't need it, but what they should've done is 

1. US title match on Raw with Rey losing due to Zelina, no ladder (and have it finish the damn show)

2. Andrade tries to DDTkill Rey again, or actually does

3. Humberto runs out, wants ladder match at PPV

3. Humberto wins US title at PPV

• Like 1