DVDVR Message Board

Royal Rumble XXXIII - 1/26/2020

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

Two Styles stats:

This will be AJ's first Royal Rumble match since his WWE debut in the 2016 Royal Rumble match, you know when Kevin Dunn cut away. 

The first time AJ won't be in the WWE Championship match at the Royal Rumble, he was from 2016-2019.

Spot the difference:

Live. 

George Lucas Special Edition.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2

• Rusev
  • Bobby Lashley
  • Aleister Black
  • Buddy Murphy
  • R-Truth

Have been added to the Men's match. Even wwe.com acknowledges that Truth "undeclared" but they are still listing him

Only person added to the women's match was Sarah Logan

On 1/3/2020 at 11:10 AM, BobbyWhioux said:

one of the matches better have a sign stealing finish.

Like, Lacey Evans is winding up the Women's Right behind Bayley's back when Sasha Banks bangs twice on the ring steps so Bayley dodges without seeing it and rolls Evans up for the win, or something.

I thought of this as sign stealing as in  someone points at the Wrestlemania sign and is distracted/rolled up and pinned.  I like your version though. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

So which wrestler is gonna lick their crotch? Is one gonna show up wearing a coat made of human skin? Who's singing "Memory"?

If not for the CATS tweet posted above I'd be incredibly confused by this post.

But to play along while I'm not touching that first part the coat of human skin is definitely going to be worn by Rowan.  As for "Memory" I'd love to see the Iiconics have a go at it.  But then again I'd just love to see them in general as it's been quite awhile.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

I thought about Rowan for the coat too. 

If the Iconics sing something, is anyone going to understand it? 

And yeah I'm not touching the first one either

People might not understand what they're saying.  But they'll be so adorably funny about it that it would be worthwhile anyway.

• Like 1

I had to get that silly crack in because I don't think I've ever understood any Iconics promo I've heard due to their accents. All power to 'em.

If I really had to go for someone singing "Memory" (which I've never heard, I admit)... well, who in WWE is known for being a singer? Or a musical fan? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

I had to get that silly crack in because I don't think I've ever understood any Iconics promo I've heard due to their accents. All power to 'em.

If I really had to go for someone singing "Memory" (which I've never heard, I admit)... well, who in WWE is known for being a singer? Or a musical fan? 

What is he doing these days? Is he still commentating 205 Live?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, The Natural said:

Will the third Women's Royal Rumble match bring the first woman to go an hour? I'd like it to.

"Charlotte Flair, you have made WWE histo--PUT THAT VAPE PEN OUT!"

On 1/14/2020 at 9:53 AM, paintedbynumbers said:

I thought of this as sign stealing as in  someone points at the Wrestlemania sign and is distracted/rolled up and pinned.  I like your version though. 

upon reflection it probably works better to be a recurring spot in the match wherein it's used to repeatedly warn of/cut off the babyface's offense before it starts [warning the heel to stop Fargo Strutting because the babyface you just threw over the top rope is in fact skinning the cat and about to wallop you with a clothesline] only to finally be dramatically reversed to the babyface's advantage in the finish.  This way it can be done several times and make sure the crowd really gets it and gets pissed over it.

but I'm trying to maintain denial about the odds of Evans winning a belt off of Bayley so

• Like 5

You know who should win? Undertaker. He enters at 30, eliminates the last guy (Lesnar) in seconds, they do a 10 minute special at Mania so Taker gets revenge for the streak and wins the belt, then he can retire the next night on Raw for a huge rating. It gives the good guy a proper send off and finality on a year’s long storyline and a fitting tribute for the one guy who’s always been a force for the company. Brock won’t be delivering any classics or putting over any up and comers anyway, may as well get a feel good moment out of it.

But WWE is petty, your supposed to go out on your back, etc. A man can dream, can’t he?

• Like 3

I’d be down for that I guess but that would mean Taker having to commit to a retirement and judging his comments from his interview with Stone Cold on the network, he’s only going to retire when he’s good and ready, rather than being told to. And let’s face it who is going to tell him?  It’s sad but as long as the money is still there, Taker’s not hanging them up anytime soon. 

Pretty sure Roman gets the nod, and it would be the right call. No-one has the kinda Daniel Bryan 2014 energy that would require a natural pivot to. 

Edited by Rehabilitated Rick

1 hour ago, Rehabilitated Rick said:

I’d be down for that I guess but that would mean Taker having to commit to a retirement and judging his comments from his interview with Stone Cold on the network, he’s only going to retire when he’s good and ready, rather than being told to. And let’s face it who is going to tell him?  It’s sad but as long as the money is still there, Taker’s not hanging them up anytime soon. 

Pretty sure Roman gets the nod, and it would be the right call. No-one has the kinda Daniel Bryan 2014 energy that would require a natural pivot to. 

I love Roman and am glad that people are still with him for the most part.  But he seems to be on a quest to get Bray/Fiend's title and that might be the better option for him at WM.  I didn't mind his matches against Brock (especially that first one)  But I think it's time for him to do something else.

As for Brock I'd go with either Drew or Owens but that's just me.

• Like 1

Why the assumption that if Reigns wins he goes after Brock? I feel like Brock being in the match itself purposely sets up for somebody from Smackdown (or NXT in a long shot) to win the whole thing, and Reigns getting that win to go on to Mania and be the one to finally put down The Fiend seems like the story to go with. Whomever eliminates Brock will be Brock's Mania opponent. And Cain Velasquez did announce that he is going to be in The Rumble, so..........

• Like 1

Wishful thinking?

Ignoring for a second that the reporting has been that Reigns/Fiend is the plan, from a kayfabe sense I am pretty sure they announced at one point that the winner would challenge “their brands” champion.

They obviously could ignore that or change their mind but it was definitely said at one point recently 

47 minutes ago, DreamBroken said:

Fury's been saying he wants Brock at WM, but I think Meltzer said there's nothing really to it.

I figured Shayna to win the womens rumble, so there would be some sort of follow up to survivor series.

I'm ready for Shayna vs Brock

• Like 3

On 1/16/2020 at 3:12 PM, Godfrey said:

You know who should win? Undertaker. He enters at 30, eliminates the last guy (Lesnar) in seconds, they do a 10 minute special at Mania so Taker gets revenge for the streak and wins the belt, then he can retire the next night on Raw for a huge rating. It gives the good guy a proper send off and finality on a year’s long storyline and a fitting tribute for the one guy who’s always been a force for the company. Brock won’t be delivering any classics or putting over any up and comers anyway, may as well get a feel good moment out of it.

But WWE is petty, your supposed to go out on your back, etc. A man can dream, can’t he?

There's a number of times I thought Undertaker should call it a day:

Losing the WrestleMania Undefeated Streak to Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania XXX. Still fucking hate it. 

25 years of the Undertaker at Survivor Series 2015.

Putting Roman Reigns over in the main event of WrestleMania XXXIII. The post match was perfect as it went back to Undertaker inside the ring with the coat and hat on only to take them off, his gloves first. 

WrestleMania XXXVI.

This Survivor Series will mark the 30th anniversary of the Undertaker.

I like your booking, @Godfrey

Edited by The Natural

If I had the book...

Daniel Bryan defeats The Fiend at the Royal Rumble for the WWE Universal Championship and successfully defends vs. Roman Reigns at WrestleMania XXXVI. I know the Fiend is divisive here but I think Bryan is one of, if not the only person the general audience would accept/be cool with beating the Fiend.

Edited by The Natural