DVDVR Message Board

Royal Rumble XXXIII - 1/26/2020

Dolfan in NYC

7 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

It might be too close to Lana/Lashley to run another wedding but I think that'd be a cool way to debut someone.  Have them ruin Charlotte's wedding. 

Welcome back David Flair

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Eivion said:

She faces whoever isn't facing Becky between Rousey and Shayna. 

Having Shayna debut by beating Charlotte to death with her own arms is a decent way to start. 

• Like 2

Have Charlotte fill the same role as Strowman from a couple of years ago?

All the build up is who Charlotte's partner will be, Becky has to focus on Shayna/Rousey so she's not an option.

Ember Moon? Io Shirei? Bianca Belair? 

Then run Becky v Shayna/Rousey and Bayley, Banks, Brooks and Evans in a Fatal 4 Way.

3 hours ago, Eivion said:

Huh? Shayna is a choke out artist. 

Play along with the joke. ?

Anyway, Bork just said he's entering the Rumble. At #1.  

No word on if he's defending his title or if he wins, if he challenges Bray (or Cole lol) in a unification match. 

6 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Kairi Sane floating in on a pirate ship is a hook. 

why are they even running Raymond James Stadium if they don't have Kairi Sane commandeer the Buccaneer Boat and fire broadsides at the ring.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Kairi Sane floating in on a pirate ship is a hook. 

Bring back Paul Burchill at the same time. Speaking of Paul Burchill, I miss Katie Lea Burchill/Nikita.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 3

43 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Bring back Paul Burchill at the same time. Speaking of Paul Burchill, I miss Katie Lea Burchill/Nikita.

Don't forget her time in TNA as Winter, the time-travelling; lesbian vampire.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, The Natural said:

If there was ever a time to bring in PCO doing a one off as Jean Pierre Lafitte this is it. 

Actually, he, Katie, and Rey Bucanero were on a team in the 2018 King of Trios.

• Like 1

So with Brock not putting the title up - I guess the scenario is

Roman... errr... Smackdown wins Rumble faces Fiend

Cain Velasquez... errr.... whoever eliminates Brock is his Mania opponent

I also love that they totally have it set up for Brock to be done like 15 minutes into the PPV again

Since he is starting #1 and if you have the Men's Rumble open the show

So what is the kayfabe logic for Brock being in the Rumble?

Why would he want to be in the match? Why #1? Why wouldn't WWE/RAW management want him defending the top title in the company at one of the biggest shows of the year?

Ideally Brock wins and goes through all 29 guys.

It'd be a spectacle if nothing else and probably goes a long way toward re-establishing Brock as "not just another guy". Especially if you get down to the last guy being eliminated having him dead to rights, but getting screwed over, leading to him getting the shot at Mania anyway

5 minutes ago, L_W_P said:

So what is the kayfabe logic for Brock being in the Rumble?

Why would he want to be in the match? Why #1? Why wouldn't WWE/RAW management want him defending the top title in the company at one of the biggest shows of the year?

The story they are going with

Lesnar returned to WWE television for the first time since Survivor Series on tonight's Raw. Paul Heyman cut a promo saying that they were going to start off the new year by making history. Heyman said that Lesnar told him there's no one on Raw, SmackDown, or NXT that is man enough or worthy enough to challenge for his title at the Royal Rumble.

After announcing that Lesnar would be the first overall entrant, Heyman said that Lesnar would be standing victorious at the end of the match. Heyman said Lesnar winning the Royal Rumble isn't just a prediction -- it's a spoiler.

Basically - since no one is worthy to defend the title against, Brock is going to beat the entire roster and to prove it he will start #1

As for the management part - that falls under the "Brock gets to do whatever he wants" which was established when he switched brands just because he wanted to

Hmmm I guess it makes sense then from an arrogant (yet dominating) heel perspective, but even then, we have precedence for the title being defending in the Rumble itself so we should see that forced on Brock here.

You want to defend your title against the roster, do it. 

I can only assume this is going to be used to have either Black or Keith Lee eliminate Brock and claim they deserve a shot from there. Reigns still wins and faces The Fiend.