DVDVR Message Board

NXT - WINTER 2020

Dolfan in NYC

Again, why isn't Stokely on TV yet?

EDIT: And honestly, if I was him, I would be trying to get into movies, stand up comedy, or sketch comedy. 

Edited by Craig H
  • Like 1

The March 11th episode will air live from the Performance Center, as the normal Full Sail venue is hosting a different event that evening. It is being billed as NXT Fan Appreciation Night and free tickets were made available after last night's show went off the air.

22 hours ago, Peck said:

The March 11th episode will air live from the Performance Center, as the normal Full Sail venue is hosting a different event that evening. It is being billed as NXT Fan Appreciation Night and free tickets were made available after last night's show went off the air.

Really  looking forward to this now, wonders if it's gonna come off like PWG.

The NXT Ticket website is listing that the NXT show after Mania will be taped on Tuesday, April 7 (at Full Sail)

Who knows if they are going to air it a day early, permanently start airing on Tuesday or just air this episode on a delay

LET THE WILD SPECULATION BEGIN~!

9 minutes ago, nofuture said:

So it looks like All Japan might be the promotion partnering with WWE for NXT Japan.  According to this story, they've been in talks since last summer and Akiyama's coming over soon have more discussions and to guest coach at the PC among other things: https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20200302-00000009-tospoweb-fight

Liger out of the HOF and giant baba in his place. 

Edited by odessasteps

Guest Edwin
On 2/27/2020 at 10:27 AM, Peck said:

I just got invited to this a couple of minutes ago. I've never been to the PC, this is my first time, so I am super stoked for this.

I am trying to figure out where the DC show is because they aren't running the Anthem again (Anthem's website lists a concert for May 1)

Also noticeable that they are skipping Fake Baltimore but I am assuming that is because Money in the Bank is in Baltimore proper in May (not to mention that they just had TV there too)

And I still sit here in the city hoping they eventually do Hammerstein Ballroom, Webster Hall, or a truly unique venue like MCU Park or Richmond County Bank Ballpark. (Or even whatever the Westbury Music Fair is called these days.)  

I just don't want to drive for an hour and a half plus just to see NXT.

10 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Also noticeable that they are skipping Fake Baltimore but I am assuming that is because Money in the Bank is in Baltimore proper in May (not to mention that they just had TV there too)

It figures that I move to a place that's not even 10 minutes from where the Fake Baltimore location is and they decide to skip it.  While I'm not irrationally bothered by it I'll still think "Fuck MITB"  But it at least keeps me from giving WWE my money so that's good I guess.

8 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Damn I was hoping they would go back to the Anthem.  That place ruled 

I wonder if they can run in a show in that building the Wizards D League team and occasionally the Mystics play.  That holds about 5000 I thought

Sports and Entertainment Arena which is like the dumbest name for a place.

For Boxing/MMA - it seats 4200.

The one issue is that it is run by DC's convention and sports authority which also runs the convention center and Awesome Con starts the same day so I am thinking they really don't want two major events at the same time.

But who knows. We might all be dead by then.

My friends that go to the nxt shows in Bel Air say crowds are smaller each time they run there.

If they wanted to same in the same area and get Easy PR, they could run on post at APG. 

(I prob still wouldnt go) 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

My friends that go to the nxt shows in Bel Air say crowds are smaller each time they run there.

If they wanted to same in the same area and get Easy PR, they could run on post at APG. 

(I prob still wouldnt go) 

Oh, no doubt they've been smaller.  It was odd that they ran there in the first place but when you had the likes of Nakamura and others there the first time around it was pretty close to full.  Next times they came around the roster would change enough where it wasn't as big a deal.  I guess for me personally while I know it didn't make sense it would have been nice to have a short drive there instead of going from real Baltimore.

Per Meltzer the DC show is indeed at the Sports and Entertainment Arena

Bethlehem = Wind Creek Event Center

Poughkeepsie, NY = Mid Hudson Civic Center.

5 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

And I still sit here in the city hoping they eventually do Hammerstein Ballroom, Webster Hall, or a truly unique venue like MCU Park or Richmond County Bank Ballpark. (Or even whatever the Westbury Music Fair is called these days.)  

I just don't want to drive for an hour and a half plus just to see NXT.

I keep saying this: if they could pull off the local bureaucracy, a show at Forest Hills Stadium would look amazing.

• Like 1