DVDVR Message Board

NXT - WINTER 2020

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, Casey said:

Taynara Conti has walked out over a pay dispute supposedly.

It was noted in one of the stories that this week (maybe longer) she had started retweeting stories that were critical of the WWE for not using her. Of course they all were from the same account so she probably didn't do a good job hiding her burner account.

A follow up from Squared Circle Sirens

Sources tell us that she walked out during the WWE NXT Women’s Title #1 Contendership Battle Royal on the 15th of last month and has not been at the Performance Center since that date.

19 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Maybe it is just me but I thought she had some potential.   Not main event level but "person in a top faction" level

Yeah, she seemed like she could have played a role, but she's been around long enough for me to feel like she had a fairly low ceiling.  I can see why she was frustrated, because she's been busting her ass but getting passed up by new people over and over again.  That, and you don't feel like you're being paid what you're worth will make you quit almost any job.

It's unfortunate that she happens to be in a division that is stuffed to the gills with talent, many of which are either freakishly gifted, naturally charismatic, or just plain have more experience. I think Conti got signed because she spiked their youtube views when she was in the 1st tourney.

I can count on one hand the talent I would put her over. Like hammerva said, I don't think she has the toolset to be a solo, but I can't think of a faction she can fit well with either. She's such an odd duck.

Edited by turk128

On 2/7/2020 at 3:32 AM, A Guy Named Tracy said:

NXT has a house show in Oshkosh, WI in a couple of weeks. It looks like they have only sold a few hundred tickets in an arena that has a 3,500 seat capacity.

NXT is running Milwaukee the day before, and only SRO tickets remain for that show. Oshkosh is an odd choice. I’m a little surprised NXT didn’t try running Madison, LaCrosse, or Rochester since their Sunday show is in St. Paul. 

Well these are the shows that got pushed back due to move to USA and going live. They usually run Green Bay and then St. Paul/Minneapolis during this run but I wonder if they couldn't get a venue.

Per Sean Ross Sapp:

NXT saw some pay bumps for talent, late last year.

Fightful Select learned that several NXT talent got significant raises back in October when the new television deal with USA Network kicked in. We heard that it wasn't exactly Raw or Smackdown money, but was "substantial" for those that ended up signing them compared to what they were making before.

We're told that most of the contracts came with new three-year agreements as a result. Not all of the talent offered signed the new deals. We're working to find out who offered is among those.

When we'd asked one talent whether or not they were getting a raise for the move to TV in the summer, they said "we'd better be," and mentioned that other talent echoed that same sentiment. However, not everyone signed the new deals offered.

On Friday, Fightful revealed that Tayanra Conti walked out of NXT after a disagreement, and her locker had been cleared. NXT has also encouraged talent to not call out main roster stars or talk to "dirt sheets."

Emphasis mine. 

2 hours ago, Godfrey said:

Interested to see who didn't sign the new deals, especially if they were for much better money. Who's in NXT at the moment that's willing to walk away from being on USA and a pay bump?

Io Shirai is a lock, and Adam Cole seems like a good candidate for personal reasons.

After that, you're probably looking at the talented guys that are log-jammed like Dain and a wide range of women since AEW has more openings there. There's also the curious cases of Dexter Lumis and Hijo Del Fantasma/King Cuerno. Last I heard, both were relegated to Evolve, but the former made by far the biggest impression in the Breakout tournament and the latter is probably kicking himself for not following Penta and Fenix to AEW.

2 hours ago, Go2Sleep said:

Io Shirai is a lock, and Adam Cole seems like a good candidate for personal reasons.

After that, you're probably looking at the talented guys that are log-jammed like Dain and a wide range of women since AEW has more openings there. There's also the curious cases of Dexter Lumis and Hijo Del Fantasma/King Cuerno. Last I heard, both were relegated to Evolve, but the former made by far the biggest impression in the Breakout tournament and the latter is probably kicking himself for not following Penta and Fenix to AEW.

Shirai I can see. I think Baker wants to be in NXT more than Cole wants to be in AEW but naturally that’s based on nothing. Dain is a strong candidate, I sometimes forget about the whole Sanity run and that he’s been there and on Smackdown and nothing came of it.

Guys like Lumis and Cuerno haven’t really had a good chance on TV yet, which I could see as an impetus to jump ship but wouldn’t you want to give it your absolute best shot before you do? I like both those dudes so wherever they wrestle I’m into it, maybe Evolve is fine until they can redistribute some people (Undisputed Era, I’m looking at you).

Now the women are another matter. A solid half of that roster could be the top star somewhere else and I could see them leaving. 

Aaliyah is another one who I'm pretty sure is dying for a change of scenery. She was one of the more promising mostly-WWE-raised women after the 4HW, but she's been buried under the constant influx of talent that's been coming into NXT year after year. She's still pretty young and would stand out a hell of a lot more in AEW than she does doing job duty in NXT.