DVDVR Message Board

NXT - WINTER 2020

Dolfan in NYC

I wish I could do justice to describe the feeling/pop that we experienced in Pittsburgh on Friday night.

First, you get the Lilian Garcia National Anthem, which the crowd is always hyped for.

Then you get the "Then, Now, Forever" opening followed by the NXT Theme Song... crowd going crazy with anticipation...

You have the maybe 5 second pause where it's complete silence before the first wrestler's theme song begins... antsy crowd... 

The "10...9...8..." Countdown video begins and you realize it's Kushida. There's a "Holy shit!" moment right there as he wasn't advertised for this loop. Kushida walks out by himself.

But wait, you realize the ring announcer said that the opening contest is a Tag Team Match.... could it be? There's no way. He wouldn't make his debut at a house show. By this point, the crowd is murmuring and stirring. 

The Tron video hits.... "Alex Shelley" appears on the screen. Unbelievable! Place goes absolutely crazy and then he walks out. People jumping up and down with pure glee. It was truly something to behold and something I'll never forget.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Peck said:

I wish I could do justice to describe the feeling/pop that we experienced in Pittsburgh on Friday night.

First, you get the Lilian Garcia National Anthem, which the crowd is always hyped for.

Then you get the "Then, Now, Forever" opening followed by the NXT Theme Song... crowd going crazy with anticipation...

You have the maybe 5 second pause where it's complete silence before the first wrestler's theme song begins... antsy crowd... 

The "10...9...8..." Countdown video begins and you realize it's Kushida. There's a "Holy shit!" moment right there as he wasn't advertised for this loop. Kushida walks out by himself.

But wait, you realize the ring announcer said that the opening contest is a Tag Team Match.... could it be? There's no way. He wouldn't make his debut at a house show. By this point, the crowd is murmuring and stirring. 

The Tron video hits.... "Alex Shelley" appears on the screen. Unbelievable! Place goes absolutely crazy and then he walks out. People jumping up and down with pure glee. It was truly something to behold and something I'll never forget.

Alex Shelley wrestled for us in the IWC in Pittsburgh, so those fans must have lost their minds to see his WWE debut live.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

For those who enjoying reading into tweets - Jazzy Gabert aka Alpha Female tweeted "Free Agent" so people are assuming that she has been released (again)

She may actually be retiring going off of her IG where she mentions changing professions. I'm hoping she is just changing gimmicks and comes out dressed as a female Chono.

Edited by Eivion

Met Kacy at a coconut loop House Show back in early 2018. She was still fresh in her training and hadn't been cleared to even wrestle in front of a live crowd yet. That night, she ran the camera and video'ed the show. I think I was the only person in the building who knew who she was. Before the show, I walked up and introduced myself and asked for a pic and she couldn't have been any sweeter or more accommodating. Wished her the best of luck in her training and she was super appreciative. Ever since that night, I've been a big fan and I hope for nothing but the best for her.

Spoiler

You can still get sunburn from a 60 degree day at the beach, fyi......

MeKacy.jpg

• Like 1

Per Mike Johnson at PWI - the NXT women's title will drop the word "women's" and be referred to as just the "NXT Championship"

And because Becky Lynch brought it up on WWE Backstage - there is speculation that they will remove the gender specificity from the main roster titles too

EDIT - For the record - Pro Wrestling Sheet (which basically means WWE PR now) has confirmed the NXT name change

If the internet is to be believed - Timothy Thatcher signed.

The new class started yesterday and he was at the PC. So technically he might have just been hanging out.

Folks believe the new signings will be announced today

• Like 1
  • Sad 1