DVDVR Message Board

Most Ridiculous Horseshit on TV

OSJ

• 3 weeks later...

So Magnolia Network is what the DIY Network was and two days after launching they already had to pull one of their new shows

https://deadline.com/2022/01/chip-joanna-gaines-magnolia-network-pulls-home-work-series-after-shoddy-work-overcharging-accusations-1234906648/

The new Magnolia Network, the vehicle fronted by Fixer Upper superstars Chip and Joanna Gaines, has taken one of its series off the schedule just two days after its launch.

Home Work has been pulled after allegations of shoddy work and overcharges by its hosts surfaced from two homeowners. The show was previously available on the Magnolia Network tab on Discovery+, but was elevated to the cable channel upon Magnolia’s launch this week.

The show stars Utah-based Andy and Candis Meredith, who renovate homes in their state. The series was reportedly originally Joanna Gaines’ idea, and was touted as the next Fixer Upper by at least one media source. Andy and Candis Meredith also appeared on the HGTV and DIY Network show Old Home Love. 

That all unraveled on Wednesday, when accounts surfaced detailing alleged overcharges and shoddy work by the Merediths on some prior renovations. While all of the shows on Discovery’s roster have demonstrated that renovation projects often can run into delays and overages, the specific charges against the Merediths also allege poor communications when things went south on their dealings.

The Merediths have fired back, denying the accusations on Instagram. “We have always tried to give everything we have to make anyone we work with happy,” they wrote, adding, “We can only say that there are two sides to every story…”

Allison Page, the president of Magnolia Networks, also issued a statement.

“Magnolia Network is aware that certain homeowners have expressed concerns about renovation projects undertaken by Candis and Andy Meredith. Within the last few days, we have learned additional information about the scope of these issues, and we have decided to remove “Home Work” from the Magnolia Network line up pending a review of the claims that have been made.”

• Haha 1

I have been boycotting DIY network since the mysterious shitcanning of Ahmed Hassan as the host of Yard Crashers and the Gainses have a lot of nerve when it comes to calling out other shady developers.

• 4 months later...

Todd and Julie Chrisley have been found guilty of bank fraud and tax evasion

They face 30 years in prison

I eagerly await USA still broadcast their show from behind bars

• Haha 4

• 1 year later...
8 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Yes I am zombiefying this thread because I am not sullying the TV thread with it

Deal or No Deal Island

I'm kind of surprised this didn't happen when Survivor, Lost and Deal or No Deal were a thing.