DVDVR Message Board

Will 2020 be the last Ring of Honor Thread...

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I wasn't aware of any issues with MASADA. I was just trying to come up with a suitable replacement since Necro Butcher looks like he's beating on death's door.

Yea Masada is kinda known for abusing women. Add in how hated he is by most people behind the scenes. I figured it had to be a bit overhyped. Then met Masada 4 years ago and he is a piece of shit.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I've gone to all the Anniversary Shows in Vegas since the first one in 15. I think I'm gonna forgo this years and go to the Past vs Present the next night. Hope they announce more names past names. They announced Amazing Red for Supercard, maybe they bring him in for the tapings wrestle PJ Black lets say and set up a match with like Haskins at Supercard.

Who ever brought up the Embassy, they gotta get Jimmy Rave and Prince Nana for this. Teddy Hart may live in Las Vegas he was in the crowd at last years Anniversary Show, he's a head case but bring him in for one taping he could have a cool match with Bandido. Erick Stevens has had a career resurgence but he's starting with MLW in February so he may not be available.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Web Conn said:

I've gone to all the Anniversary Shows in Vegas since the first one in 15. I think I'm gonna forgo this years and go to the Past vs Present the next night. Hope they announce more names past names. They announced Amazing Red for Supercard, maybe they bring him in for the tapings wrestle PJ Black lets say and set up a match with like Haskins at Supercard.

Who ever brought up the Embassy, they gotta get Jimmy Rave and Prince Nana for this. Teddy Hart may live in Las Vegas he was in the crowd at last years Anniversary Show, he's a head case but bring him in for one taping he could have a cool match with Bandido. Erick Stevens has had a career resurgence but he's starting with MLW in February so he may not be available.

Frankly they should bring back Nana, Rave and The Embassy and make them a cornerstone of the promotion.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, sabremike said:

Frankly they should bring back Nana, Rave and The Embassy and make them a cornerstone of the promotion.

Generation Next vs. The Embassy is one of my favorite feuds ever and Steel Cage Warfare was a great blowoff to a perfect feud.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1

On 1/20/2020 at 4:36 PM, hammerva said:

I love the concept of the show but apparently nobody has followed anything Necro has done in the 2 or 3 years

My wishlist.

1. Ring Crew Express please.

2. Prophecy reunion. You already have Maff and Danger is on the poster, is BJ Whitmer doing anything?

3. Special K return, no longer as ravers, but as mid level bank employees that run down Lethal not using his rich dads connections to get out of wrestling.

Edited by The Man Known as Dan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Too bad Jimmy Jacobs is in Impact. A Jimmy/Lacey reunion would be perfect for this card. 

...and just because I want it stuck in the head of everyone that reads this thread

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Speaking of Donst, I always thought it was odd he never worked ROH. He would have been a good fit in '07-'08 when Quack, Jigsaw, Hallowicked, etc. started working ROH.

Donst was super duper green around that time period. Hell, he debuted in 2007. Chikara really didn’t have any obvious guys other then those 3 to bring in except maybe FIST and Kingston. 

1 hour ago, The Man Known as Dan said:

Donst was super duper green around that time period. Hell, he debuted in 2007. Chikara really didn’t have any obvious guys other then those 3 to bring in except maybe FIST and Kingston. 

They did bring in Gran Akuma for a few shows.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

This Past vs. Present show sounds like the best thing ROH has done in years.

Instead of Cheeseburger vs. Necro, I wish we could get Shinobi Shadow Squad vs. The Carnage Crew.

Austin Aries has been MIA from MLW since he lost to Teddy Hart. It looked like he got hurt at the end of the match, but if he's gone from MLW, I'd be going out of my way to get him on this show.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1