DVDVR Message Board

Will 2020 be the last Ring of Honor Thread...

10 hours ago, Six String Orchestra said:

John Walters vs Tracy Williams was fun. Walters wisely worked heelish, he wasn't ever a great face. Doug Williams vs John Walters was one of the first ROH matches I saw, so some nostalgia there for me. 

John Walters really came into his own as a heel while he was Pure champion in The Embassy.

It was a fun show but some of the results left me scratching my head.  The tag title match was fun.   The show just seemed to really drag. The PPV itself started at 9pm EST after an hour  youtube type pre-show and it seemed to go forever.  Lots of guys getting big spots that really shouldn't be getting them either as they aren't ready.  DanHaussen was fun and if there would have been a crowd he would have been extremely over. His antics are still good without a crowd though. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, HumanChessgame said:

I haven't watched ROH since before quarantine started, and even then my interest in it was waning rapidly. Final Battle actually sounds decent on paper, though. Can anybody confirm if it's worth watching?

I don't think that any of the matches are MOTYCs and to me highlight was story transitions, but if you haven't followed the recent story then I'm not sure if it really lands.

• Like 2

Haven't finished it yet but Briscoe-Taylor was rough so I tuned out then. It wasn't a amazing show but I felt satisfied with it. Still need to watch Gresham-Gordon and Lee-Rush. The pure titles was fun. Not sure if they should stick to those rules or at least expand to 5 rope breaks. Seems like it could get played out quick.

• RIPPA locked this topic