DVDVR Message Board

Will 2020 be the last Ring of Honor Thread...

Video packages of the performers followed by the match!  This is a terrific format for ROH or any modern wrestling show.  The Castle-Leathal and Gresham-Yuta bouts were both strong.  This makes me interested in seeing this tournament out.  Or at least watching next week.  I agree with @alstein, they oughtta change to ROH 'pure' rules  full time for some idetity.  And direction. 

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Like 2

I love this tournament.  "Let's channel Jack Brisco vs Dory Funk Jr."  I love that there is no crowd so fuck it- SCIENTIFIC WRESTLING!  Yehi vs Young was good.  I was noticing during the Josh Woods/ Kenny King match that if this style caught on, these guys' careers would be extended by twenty years.  Also, Kenny King was totally robbed.  He had him pinned but they called it a crappy rope break and the he had him in a submission when time ran out.  BOOOO!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Tried to watch a episode of ROH over the weekend.  Sinclair needs to spend a few dollars for for piped-in crowd noise or something.  Taping the show with what appears to be 4 people in the building and no noise makes for the most lifeless wrestling I can remember seeing.  And I've been to more than my share of tiny indie shows with a couple dozen people or less in the crowd.  For some reason, crowdless ROH reminds me of..... uh, the moveset edit mode in the WWE games were it's just two generic dudes previewing moves.  Maybe ROH should put two guys under masks and dress them in red and green bodysuits to complete the effect.   

At a minimum, Sinclar needs to go to go to the flea market and buy an INXS album on cassette or something to play during matches.  You could probably get The Swing and a used cassette player for $20-$30.  That's probably in Sinclair's range.

I've tried to watch them and they just end up as background noise (and not much of it at that) while I'm on here or elsewhere. Heatless wrestling in an empty building, and promos that are trying not to be promos sure is... something. 

And of course then there's Sinclair's Fox News claptrap on the commercials but we won't get into that.

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, notoriusvig said:

I'm thinking of subbing to HonorClub for a month but do they have the Pure title tournament shows on that or is it one of those deals where they don't put them up until later?

If you're just looking for those you might be best off using the Fite app.  They tend to have the ROH weekly stuff on there unless something recently changed.

https://heelbynature.com/wrestling-news/impact-wrestling/report-ring-of-honor-contacted-top-female-star-regarding-contract-status/

Report: Ring Of Honor Contacted Top Female Star Regarding Contract Status

Ring Of Honor has shown interest in one of the top female wrestling stars.

According to Fightful Select, Ring Of Honor contacted IMPACT Knockouts Champion Deonna Purrazzo, inquiring about her current contract status.

The report states, ROH has been reaching out to talent about coming into the promotion, they are looking to “revamp” the product in the coming months.

ROH has also been reaching out to talent about coming in. One of those was IMPACT Knockouts Champion Deonna Purrazzo, who was offered at IMPACT contract around the same time.

This week, IMPACT Wrestling confirmed Purrazzo signed a full-time deal with the company, which reportedly occurred a several weeks ago. 

https://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/backstage-news-on-the-roh-contracts-of-dragon-lee-rush

Backstage News On The ROH Contracts Of Dragon Lee & Rush

According to a report from the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Dragon Lee’s contract with Ring of Honor will be expiring on December 1. For those unaware, Lee is the current ROH Television champion and has not been brought in for tapings due to being a foreign talent.

ROH is taking very strict precautions due to the COVID-19 pandemic, as they haven’t even brought in their current World Champion RUSH. His deal also expires at the end of this year.