DVDVR Message Board

Will 2020 be the last Ring of Honor Thread...

The Rexplex was an early ROH stable. It’s been like 2012 since they’ve ran a show in Jersey. Did he just book bad shows or something? Cuz Jersey was one of the stops for ROH back in the dizay 

• Like 1

On 3/10/2020 at 9:59 PM, Web Conn said:

The Rexplex was an early ROH stable. It’s been like 2012 since they’ve ran a show in Jersey. Did he just book bad shows or something? Cuz Jersey was one of the stops for ROH back in the dizay 

The Rexplex before that closed, then they ran Asbury Park for the infamous Best of the American Super Juniors (the Dragon Soldier B debacle), DBDIII in Morristown, then the Inman Sports Club in Edison became their new home starting with Final Battle '05. They also did Double Feature in Dover, NJ, which is where the final scenes of The Wrestler were shot.

Yes, it was bad shows being booked. You knew they were lesser shows, which they never felt that way under Gabe. Gabe always made you feel the show you were watching was the most important one. That's how I want to feel if I'm spending my money on a show.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1

Just now, Nice Guy Eddie said:

What a trip watching ROH in the Murphy Rec Center again would be.

Better then shutting society down.

I don’t mean to sound glib but if 500’s the limit run a gym people are gonna wanna get out and do something. Fear is dangerous.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Web Conn said:

Better then shutting society down.

I don’t mean to sound glib but if 500’s the limit run a gym people are gonna wanna get out and do something. Fear is dangerous.

My first ROH show was at the Murphy Rec Center and just happened to be when Samoa Joe beat Xavier for the title and the Second City Saints were born.

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

My first ROH show was at the Murphy Rec Center and just happened to be when Samoa Joe beat Xavier for the title and the Second City Saints were born.

Man that’s cool. Murphy would be a cool remembering if their roots that they aren’t completely found of doing but fuck it.

Edited by Web Conn
  • Like 1

Question: does Honor Club have enough archive stuff from the early years and the 3 or so year period before the Bullet Club guys left to be worth the $10 a month? 

31 minutes ago, sabremike said:

Question: does Honor Club have enough archive stuff from the early years and the 3 or so year period before the Bullet Club guys left to be worth the $10 a month? 

Hasn't it taken forever for the good 'ol days to get uploaded? I would want it for the beginning through Ring of Homicide 2 (Gabe's last show).

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1

Maff/ Cobb vs Lethal/Grisham was good. One forgets how good Jay Lethal is.  So what is up with Jeff Cobb?  Was that AEW appearance a one off?

1 hour ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

No ROH shows until May 31st 

If they have any brains they'd be posting as many of the old shows from the glory days of the promotion as possible. It's insane that both the Dragon Gate 6 Man and Joe-Kobashi aren't up on the site (and I didn't check the match list on the Danielson comp so even his WON MOTY with Morishima probably isn't up).

• Like 3

I got a year long VIP membership to Honor Club as a refund for my Past vs Present purchases (I would have rather gotten my money back) I was browsing the site and there really isn’t much pre 2011. But I have it for a year.

5 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

ROH's stament made it sound like they intend to fill these next few months by uploading more classic stuff.

I saw their statement but my question is "why has it taken them this long?"  It's been incredibly slow for them to upload classic shows, hell when you log in it still shows a Kenny Omega tron in the background and he's been gone for a year or so. Honor Club has been a thing for going on 2 years and the whole first year still isn't added, hell they didn't even add the Pearce era shows.  Hoping they are true to their word and add these asap. 

Oh, don't get me wrong. The lack of back catalogue is half the reason I didn't renew after the first year. I'm just saying, they at least made it sound like the next two or three months they are finally going to start uploading more shit.

9 hours ago, paintedbynumbers said:

I saw their statement but my question is "why has it taken them this long?"  It's been incredibly slow for them to upload classic shows, hell when you log in it still shows a Kenny Omega tron in the background and he's been gone for a year or so. Honor Club has been a thing for going on 2 years and the whole first year still isn't added, hell they didn't even add the Pearce era shows.  Hoping they are true to their word and add these asap. 

You're not missing much not seeing the Pearce era.

• Like 1

The battle royale was kind of fun along with the tag though all of the non-weird characters/standard ROH guys are so goddamned interchangeable. Did they tape any more shows than this or is this it until May 31st? Judging from the crowd size they aren't exactly losing a lot. 

How tiny is Gresham? I mean the opposite side is huge but not exactly tall. He looked Adam Cole size. 

On 3/16/2020 at 6:14 PM, DEAN said:

Maff/ Cobb vs Lethal/Grisham was good. One forgets how good Jay Lethal is.  So what is up with Jeff Cobb?  Was that AEW appearance a one off?

It's been said that AEW has been trying to sign Cobb, and that his appearance wasn't just a one-off. 

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1