DVDVR Message Board

Will 2020 be the last Ring of Honor Thread...

22 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Six-man was good though they got a little spot-happy at the end. That finish was vicious; it's nice to see that Marty is the one booker that doesn't mind laying down for the three when needed. My favorite part though was Rush and PCO locking up because they just whop each other. 

Oh man, I loved that match.  It had the Mexican violence section in the middle-  where your luchadores show they can whip ass and not just hit highspots.  Villain Enterprises has instantly created a good six-man division.

3 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

You gotta love the Bouncers having that teeny cooler for a whole case of beer. Gotta keep the leftover six cold, I guess. 

Is there a reason Kenny is in Faccion Ingobernables? He seems shoehorned in. 

Someone's gotta take the falls, might as well be Kenny King

This week's episode was pretty good. I don't know who Slex is but he was impressive vs Flip Gordon.  A big guy that can move. I also enjoyed Haskins/Shelley but it made me want to see Shelly/Riddle or Shelly/Ohno more. The show seemed different as they showed full matches and had less bs than past weeks.

38 minutes ago, Tim Evans said:

This week's episode was pretty good. I don't know who Slex is but he was impressive vs Flip Gordon.  A big guy that can move. I also enjoyed Haskins/Shelley but it made me want to see Shelly/Riddle or Shelly/Ohno more. The show seemed different as they showed full matches and had less bs than past weeks.

The Graphics got an upgrade as well. Hopefully each week we get at least 2 full matches. The Briscoes have a tag match next week which could be really good. 

I was looking at the tickets for the 18th Anniversary Show and Past vs Present for out here in Vegas. Sam's Town holds 900 the 18th Anniversary has 219 tickets left and Past vs Present has 230 something left. That isn't bad for 3 weeks out especially with the 2019 ROH. Hopefully they can sell more tickets and get closer to being sold out. I've been to every Anniversary Show since the first one in Vegas in 15. This year I decided I wanted to go to Past vs Present instead the line up looks awesome as fuck and I'm excited for it. Haven't been to a ROH show since lasts years Anniversary show as I didn't attend Death Before Dishonor. 

On 2/23/2020 at 2:16 AM, Tim Evans said:

This week's episode was pretty good. I don't know who Slex is but he was impressive vs Flip Gordon.  

I was waiting for Flip to put over Slex but I guess the end of Villain Enterprises putting everybody over is beginning.

42 minutes ago, hammerva said:

And it looks like they put the belt back on Rush beating PCO.  Oh well at least he got his final battle moment 

Maybe Marty beats Aldis for the NWA title, so we'll get an ROH vs. NWA world title match for the second time in history. 

On 2/29/2020 at 4:10 AM, Hail Sabin said:

Briscoes vs. Flamita/Bandido is great with a Hot Crowd and is probably in ROH's Top 3 best matches I have seen this year. 

That match was balls out.  Million Billion stars.  Who knew the Briscoes could still bring it?  Bandido is this close to being declared Wrestling Machine.

• Like 2

Everyone knows I am not Mr. Spot-Fu but that was incredible. All four guys almost died on several occasions. Briscoes somehow have a library of double teams they can just pull out at random. The Shooting Star to the outside alone is worth a nod because of how many things were an inch of space or a second of time from going wrong. I'm gonna watch that again right now. 

EDIT: There were moments in that I rewound several times. The whole thing felt like it would have fit perfectly on one of the old Schneider Comps as one of the "holy shit" lucha matches to give you a break between bigger, slower stuff. 

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 1

Oh man, Rey Horus vs Brody King was fucking king-sized.

Why did they have a match from when Rush isn't champion to set up...wha?   That was more indie than anything on Championship Wrestling From Hollywood this week.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Web Conn said:

Bought my tickets for Past vs Present. I’m excited for Saturday first live ROH show in a year.

Have fun! I definitely would have gone if it were in Philly or New York. I hated that Adam Pearce killed off New Jersey as an ROH market. We used to get really good shows before he fucking ruined it.