DVDVR Message Board

Will 2020 be the last Ring of Honor Thread...

1 hour ago, Raziel said:

Yeah, looks like Bully is being removed from power.

Which I guess now answers the question of "What person in power in RoH was pissing off NJPW to such a degree that they're just telling RoH to go screw", since there's been a NJPW worker announced a day working the Supercard now.

ROH might as well dump Bully Ray. From what we know, his ideas were shit and almost singlehandely killed the New Japan deal. Let him go back to WWE, so I can ignore his presence.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, sabremike said:

Yes, he intended to send it to Mike Tenay and sent it to the wrong Mike. He then proceeded to make the situation 10 times worse by denying it and spouting bullshit about how it was all a work and just dug his grave even further.

I just.... how fucking hard is it to send an email?  I can't think of a way it could be easier short of just yelling at your computer ("EMAIL DAD") Yet Russo and Dixie both made it seem like it's this ultra complex thing that requires a masters degree. 

35 minutes ago, BrianS81177 said:

I just.... how fucking hard is it to send an email?  I can't think of a way it could be easier short of just yelling at your computer ("EMAIL DAD") Yet Russo and Dixie both made it seem like it's this ultra complex thing that requires a masters degree. 

Just remember: TNA fucked up a second TV deal by email as well.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

ROH might as well dump Bully Ray. From what we know, his ideas were shit and almost singlehandely killed the New Japan deal. Let him go back to WWE, so I can ignore his presence.

Do we know for sure what exactly was his ideas?

This tag team edition of ROH is pretty good.

The Bouncers are big fat and drunk so of course I love their gimmick. They get to mash Dalton Castle (who I thought was busted up, and is wearing back support) who still manages to Exploder one of the fatboys. The Scottish guy gets squished in convincing fashion. 

PJ Black is unidentifiable under a huge beard and still has good kicks. The Master Blaster gimmick of Master and Machine is goofy because of Master's absurd Dragon Ball Z hair (as someone who used to charge his hair and/or mohawk, that shit had to take a lot of time and hair product) but it looks like Machine can work and I like their finish. 

Oh god. 2 Guys 1 Tag has to be the WORST name for a team EVER. That's what they must've been going for and they succeeded. I can visualize the late-night drinking session in a hotel room that led to this; that it lasted in the cold grey light of dawn is beyond me though. Anyhoo, they have a nice long match with the chicken farmers for a #1 contender spot, which Lethal and Gresham make sure go the way they want it. Briscoes are now officially 20 year veterans which is wild to think about. 

See? Give us a couple good matches and some extraneous stuff and we'll be happy. There's no need for a clipfest. 

• Like 1

The man event was perfectly fine but I loved the PJ Black match.  I loved the nebbish he tagged with.  They should get the belts. While HATING EACH OTHER!

Homicide, Sydal and Williams can all still go. Necro, if you told me he spent the last three years doing loads of Crystal Meth I'd believe you.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

At first, I really enjoyed his feud with Flip. Until Flip won a perfectly satisfying blow-off match and... It just kept going for months.

and a year later did the same thing with Mark Haskins, loses the blowoff match, then comes back like nothing happened

On 1/19/2020 at 4:43 PM, Casey said:

Anyways.

Johnathan Gresham is now booking the Women of Honor, taking over the duties from Bully Ray (lol). He's also now running their dojo as well - I imagine Delirious was still the head trainer, so that's a plus all the way across the board.

Gresham's been running the dojo for months. He was running it even before he finally signed (He and his fiancee, Jordynne Grace, were both working without contracts at the time)

On 1/19/2020 at 4:43 PM, Casey said:

Anyways.

Johnathan Gresham is now booking the Women of Honor, taking over the duties from Bully Ray (lol). He's also now running their dojo as well - I imagine Delirious was still the head trainer, so that's a plus all the way across the board.

Dupe.

Edited by Ace

On 1/19/2020 at 7:43 PM, Casey said:

Anyways.

interesting,

He worked in Pittsburgh Saturday and said he is now free to work indy's and wherever he wants and that we would be seeing a lot more of him.   Gresham> Bully Ray

On 1/19/2020 at 9:09 PM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Bully Ray is essentially Jim Cornette if he was stuck in 1997 instead of 1987 and slightly fatter 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, bobholly138 said:

So trading one wifebeater for a guy that beats his ladies and is a homophobe.

I wasn't aware of any issues with MASADA. I was just trying to come up with a suitable replacement since Necro Butcher looks like he's beating on death's door.