DVDVR Message Board

Will 2020 be the last Ring of Honor Thread...

Billy Corgan is one dude, not a multi-billion dollar company with a corporate infrastructure. So, yeah, they're an indy. If ROH is an indy, then so is the WWE. Sinclair and the WWE are both publicly traded companies. What's the difference? Was WCW an indy?

• Like 1

Well, ROH is sort of an indy in that Sinclair doesn't seem to want to give them any money to boost production values, get a fixed time slot or promote their shows before going on tour. ROH is like on of the 50 or so cars Jay Leno owns, but it's one he forgot he owns so it just kind of sits in a dark corner of his garage undriven. 

• Like 1

On the Marty Scurll front from the Observer:

Marty Scurll has not signed a new contract but it is very close. The deal will include him wrestling in ROH, New Japan and NWA. There looks to be more than that as well as the door contractually would not be closed to AEW.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

3 hours ago, BrianS81177 said:

Well, ROH is sort of an indy in that Sinclair doesn't seem to want to give them any money to boost production values, get a fixed time slot or promote their shows before going on tour. ROH is like on of the 50 or so cars Jay Leno owns, but it's one he forgot he owns so it just kind of sits in a dark corner of his garage undriven. 

This is obviously true, but the fact that Sinclair owns it means that theoretically they can offer things that even big wrestling companies couldn't. Will they? Should they? Thats entirely different discussion.

• Like 1

I watched part of the Isom/Crowbar match after watching the Bucks game on the regional Fox Sports channel so I wasn't sure if this was a new episode or not. Crowbar looked so much bigger than Isom, but I shouldn't be suprised at old guys being way bigger than newer workers nowadays.

57 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Wow, Devon Storm is working ROH now? How did he look in the ring? Respectable? Sad?

Respectable. Had a strange entourage though consisting of his wife I think and a big dude.

Slex pretty much made his farewell from Australia last night, so i'm assuming his ROH debut is imminent. Will be very interesting to see how he goes, he's not the greatest talker, but "The Business" character works for him, he's not the tallest guy but he's built like a brick shithouse and looks the part and he can go. 

It's a weird situation, two of the major indies in Australia in MCW and PWA have New Japan connections through Fale, Robbie and Gino and they've been expanding into the Australia/NZ market, but ROH seems to be a target for some Australian talent and would probably help ROH out with new blood in return. Adam Brooks was mentioning having signed a contract late last year, but I don't see him in NXT or AEW, but MLW or ROH would be a fit.

NJPW can't sign everyone, I'm sure that they'll try to use Slex in their future AUS, or even USA, shows, but realistically I don't see where he'd fit in NJPW's overall program at the moment so signing with RoH and leaving that NJPW door moment makes sense to me.

10 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Anything we like is because of Marty. Bad things are the fault of Delirious. 

Easy. 

Pretty much. Delirious having the longest tenure of ROH head bookers is a god damn joke. Hopefully, Bully Ray will no longer have any say in the booking. ROH didn't need to become the bastard child of ECW and TNA.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

The ELITE really is the new Kliq.... I hope he does improve creative because they have a good roster. I can take out another 1 to watch ROH if its better.

The new Kliq minus the addictions and killing the push of other talent, so no they're not really the new Kliq..

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Marty has been much more of a heel the past year with Villain Enterprises. From the reports from the Center Stage show, he was heeling it up a lot.

Let's face it. The days of pure heels and pure babyfaces are over. Fans are going to cheer who they like regardless of heel/face alignment. Wrestlers and fans have to learn how to adapt to that. Everything changes over time, except Billy Corgan's NWA.

• Like 2