DVDVR Message Board

Will 2020 be the last Ring of Honor Thread...

5 hours ago, Technico Support said:

This will be the year Joe Koff follows in the footsteps of so many great promoters before him by putting the belt on himself, since he's the only one he can rely on to not leave the company. 

Joe Koff vs. Greg Gilleland will be the main event of Final Battle 2020.

Slow suicide's no way to go.

• Haha 1

I skipped ahead to the main. In a match with Jeff Cobb and Dan Maff the Villains are really the highlight, surprisingly. Scurll I haven't seen much of aside from the finger break horseshit and he was good as a weasel here, selling a simple shoulder block to Cobb like he ran into a wall and doing cooperative spots with PCO. PCO... well PCO is insane. He's 52 and he landed on his hip from the ring (when it looked like he landed on his head at first, had to rewind twice), then directly on his spine on the apron. The man better hope he's Frankenstein's monster.

6 hours ago, paintedbynumbers said:

ROH is running a free show in Baltimore next month to reward fans for almost 2 decades of being in business. Strange to run a free show when your promotion is spiraling downward but maybe they will get a new fan or 2

If this was in Philly, I'd probably go, but Baltimore seems to be the only city left where ROH kinda sorta draws any fans, although that Final Battle crowd looked really sad.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

Does anyone still have Honor Club?

If so, did they ever beef up the archives, maybe finish at least uploading Year One?

From what I saw somewhere else, they haven't done shit with it.

Cobbs on per show deal

https://www.f4wonline.com/ring-honor/jeff-cobb-working-roh-show-basis-signed-bloodsport-301056

Pro Wrestling Sheet reported Monday that Jeff Cobb will remain with Ring of Honor, but not on a long-term deal.

The 37-year-old's deal with ROH was up on January 1st and he chose not to sign an exclusive multi-year contract with the promotion but on a per-show basis instead, according to the report. 

He is booked for ROH's return to Center Stage in Atlanta Saturday in a three-way tag match, one of two events they are putting on this weekend.

Cobb, a wrestler in the 2004 Olympics, started working in ROH back in 2018 and won the TV title shortly after his promotional debut. A pro for ten years, Cobb has worked in Lucha Underground, Pro Wrestling Guerilla, and for New Japan Pro Wrestling. He was the PWG Champion for more than a year before dropping the belt to Bandido in late-December.

On Monday night, GCW announced that Cobb is the first participant in Josh Barnett's Bloodsport III, scheduled for Thursday of WrestleMania weekend in Tampa, FL. 

Edited by Web Conn

9 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

If so, did they ever beef up the archives, maybe finish at least uploading Year One?

I have it,  Honestly I don't know why I do but no they haven't finished year one.  I keep hoping for the golden age to be added but it's been what 2 yrs now and nothing from that period has been uploaded.  If they run 2-4 shows a month it's worth the $10 if you watch the shows.  I rarely have the time to do it.  I did watch the Njpw and Cmll tours and thought they were ok.  That is part of the problem though, I haven't seen anything from ROH in the past year or 2 that was more than "ok"  

On 1/4/2020 at 4:15 PM, Archibald said:

I guess this explains how Dragon Lee is working RoH while NJPW does not want to share talent with them.

Dragon Lee vs. Andrew Everett is a damn fine match on paper so I am intrigued about how Pierce will overbook it and fuck things up.

Slex is also a good get for them.  He's a guy you could build a solid TV Title program around.  Since things are shit between RoH and NJPW, Australia, the Philippines, and South Africa may be the new talent scouting grounds for them.

Edited by J.T.

3 hours ago, paintedbynumbers said:

I have it,  Honestly I don't know why I do but no they haven't finished year one.  I keep hoping for the golden age to be added but it's been what 2 yrs now and nothing from that period has been uploaded.  If they run 2-4 shows a month it's worth the $10 if you watch the shows.  I rarely have the time to do it.  I did watch the Njpw and Cmll tours and thought they were ok.  That is part of the problem though, I haven't seen anything from ROH in the past year or 2 that was more than "ok"  

I am waiting very patiently for them to add the next four shows, which is my play-by-play stuff.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, J.T. said:

Dragon Lee vs. Andrew Everett is a damn fine match on paper so I am intrigued about how Pierce will overbook it and fuck things up.

Slex is also a good get for them.  He's a guy you could build a solid TV Title program around.  Since things are shit between RoH and NJPW, Australia, the Philippines, and South Africa may be the new talent scouting grounds for them.

I think you mean Bully Ray and Delirious. Adam Pearce hasn't been ROH's head booker since 2010 and is currently a producer for WWE.

• Like 1

On that indie show with Necro last weekend, they were actually doing Dan Maff's final indie show going away party. Felt a bit Wierd, given that he's only signing with RoH (which is an indie, that lets it's contracted talent work other indies, and is operating at a substantial financial loss), not WWE or AEW.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AxB said:

On that indie show with Necro last weekend, they were actually doing Dan Maff's final indie show going away party. Felt a bit Wierd, given that he's only signing with RoH (which is an indie, that lets it's contracted talent work other indies, and is operating at a substantial financial loss), not WWE or AEW.

I thought the same thing.  They made it seem like he had a WWE contract.  He'd already won tag gold there too. I don't see him winning their world belt but could get a short tv title reign. 

The main event this week was good but it needed two more men to make it great.  Maff and Cobb didn't stomp anyone's ass or anything great.  I dunno.  

5 hours ago, CanadianChris said:

I guess Feinstein didn’t like him. 

They loved my work, but they had to replace me in the budget with better lights and cameras. I can't even argue that decision, because the look of the shows needed to improve. The office guys did commentary after me.

23 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

22 hours ago, Craig H said:

From what I saw somewhere else, they haven't done shit with it.

:::waiting for ROH to upload past shows on to Honor Club:::

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1