DVDVR Message Board

Will 2020 be the last Ring of Honor Thread...

I dug all three matches this week.  The Briscoes vs Cobb/Maff was a fabulous messy trainwreck.  Alex Shelley and Rey Horus was a fine display of scientific wrestling filtered through lucha libre.  And if Lethal and Gresham want to become the nouvelle Anderson Brothers, I back their play 100%.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So they did add some of the shows from 2010 but in true ROH faction (the Charlie Brown of streaming services) fucked up again.  As of yesterday instead of the shows being complete they only added a few matches from some shows (some shows are full I think).   I don't know why you can't just click to watch the full show, but how it's set up for 2010 you have to watch one match at a time without just sitting back and watching start to finish.   I do however like that they are finally letting you get the ppv's while paying $10 a month considering they only run about 6 ppv's a year anyway. 

• Haha 1

Something to think about: of all the significant promotions in the US ROH has probably acted in the most, well.. honorable manner of anyone along with MLW. They aren't holding secret tapings and are actually providing lots of free content on their YouTube page and adding stuff to their streaming service. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, sabremike said:

Something to think about: of all the significant promotions in the US ROH has probably acted in the most, well.. honorable manner of anyone along with MLW. They aren't holding secret tapings and are actually providing lots of free content on their YouTube page and adding stuff to their streaming service. 

They're owned by Sinclair, the other shoe is gonna drop at some point.  That said, if they start getting the back PPV catalog up, I might jump on and add them into my "watch every major PPV ever" attempt.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/24/2020 at 2:08 PM, DougN said:

Completely random, but I'm looking to pick up some 2003-2006 DVDs if anyone has some they want to move.

Message me and we'll see if I have what you're looking for. I started selling off my collection a few years ago.

16 hours ago, Southside Jim said:

Who's the morbidly obese guy in the black wifebeater that they show in the "RoH on Stadium" promos?

Haven't seen it but guessing it's Brian Milonas?

• 3 weeks later...

They showed Dalton Castle vs Marty Scurll from Supercard of Honor XII on this week's show and I really enjoyed it until Marty went looking for the powder under the ring. It took him so long to find it that eventually Dalton needed to go to the outside and slam him to make the delay work. Thank goodness the audience bit so hard on the ref finger-break spot that followed. 

18 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

They showed Dalton Castle vs Marty Scurll from Supercard of Honor XII on this week's show and I really enjoyed it until Marty went looking for the powder under the ring. It took him so long to find it that eventually Dalton needed to go to the outside and slam him to make the delay work. Thank goodness the audience bit so hard on the ref finger-break spot that followed. 

I was in the building that night and I felt so bad for the two of them live. The two of them had a solid match, but the event had primarily sold its tickets based on Cody vs Kenny, and slotted this to be the final match, and 20% of the crowd had left by the five-minute mark, and the crowd that was remaining was burnt out from how high emotionally that Cody vs Kenny went.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, clintthecrippler said:

I was in the building that night and I felt so bad for the two of them live. The two of them had a solid match, but the event had primarily sold its tickets based on Cody vs Kenny, and slotted this to be the final match, and 20% of the crowd had left by the five-minute mark, and the crowd that was remaining was burnt out from how high emotionally that Cody vs Kenny went.

Agreed.  I love Marty and Dalton to bits but that as the main event was very much the wrong move.  I get why they had to do it but if they saw all the Cody/Kenny shirts in they crowd ROH should have called an audible and changed the order.

Edited by NikoBaltimore

Marty vs Dalton was good I was there live and yeah a good chunk of the crowd left for the House of Hardcore show as it was past 11pm. We were all burnt out after Cody vs Kenny. I understand the world title is important but all 7,000 people were there to see Cody vs Kenny. That should have went on last.

Edited by Web Conn
  • Like 1

That was Cody's second best match of his career right? I know this board adores the Rhodes/Shield match but I'd take the Kenny match over it (yeah I'm biased too). They did a great job of building it up and the execution, while a bit overdrawn, was largely excellent. I was not disappointed that I signed up for a year of the Honor Club shit just for that. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/23/2020 at 10:26 PM, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I they upload everything and I don't hear people talking about how glitchy their service is, I may finally subscribe.

I have no idea why but I woke up and had the urge to check Honor Club for classic content.  They have finally added shows from 2003, 2004, 2006, 2007 and on (they skipped 2005)

I want to warn everyone though the shows are not all complete. Some shows have 5-6 matches, some have 3. It's so frustrating to see a show that you want to watch but only 3 matches added. It makes you wonder why they added them at all.  Just so random.  The fact they skipped 2005 entirely is also strange. No summer of Punk as of yet.   

The silver lining is that they are adding the older stuff finally, and we can hear our fellow boardie @Gormando what he does best. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, paintedbynumbers said:

I have no idea why but I woke up and had the urge to check Honor Club for classic content.  They have finally added shows from 2003, 2004, 2006, 2007 and on (they skipped 2005)

I want to warn everyone though the shows are not all complete. Some shows have 5-6 matches, some have 3. It's so frustrating to see a show that you want to watch but only 3 matches added. It makes you wonder why they added them at all.  Just so random.  The fact they skipped 2005 entirely is also strange. No summer of Punk as of yet.   

The silver lining is that they are adding the older stuff finally, and we can hear our fellow boardie @Gormando what he does best. 

Thanks! My shows are ...

Play-by-play: Glory By Honor, Scramble Madness, All-Star Extravaganza, Night of the Butcher

Ring announcing: Revenge on the Prophecy, Wrath of the Racket: World Title Classic, The Battle Lines are Drawn, ROH Reborn Stage 2

Ringing the Bell: ROH Gold (that's when they decided to go with Bobby Cruise as full-time ring announcer ... and he's still doing it!)

ROH has decided to not have its TV taping next month (it was supposed to be in Baltimore)

They hope to be able to tape in August but nothing firm yet

• 2 weeks later...